Position TitleUpward Bound Summer Program Resident Assistant
ClassificationNBU Position - Tutor/Coach/Instructor
Academic TermSummer 2019
Anticipated Schedule9:00 am - 3:00 pm Mon - Thurs; Friday 7am - 5pm; overnight stay in dormitory is required during residential weeks Jun 10 - 14 and Jul 8 - Jul 12.
LocationMain Campus-Crystal Lake and Loyola University Recreation and Ecology Center, Woodstock.
Projected Start Date06/10/2019
Projected End Date07/26/2019
• Provide general assistance and support to Upward Bound staff and summer instructors during the 6-week summer program.
• Monitor and oversee students during overnight stay in college dorms (when applicable).
• Perform data entry and assist with maintaining electronic and hard copy filing system as needed.
• Assist staff with keeping accurate and detailed records of services rendered to participants;
• Maintain strict confidentiality of participant’s information in accordance with FERPA.
• Provide general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing, printing and copying for staff as needed.
• Assist and support Upward Bound staff in the office, at summer site, etc. with the planning, preparation, coordination, and implementation of services and activities such as participant workshops and group coaching sessions, classroom instruction, correspondences, general communication (telephone and email contacts), newsletters, and field trips, etc.
• Assist with chaperoning TRIO participants on college tours, educational and cultural activities and field trips.
• Create, and/or modify documents including correspondences, program flyers, reports, drafts, memos, emails, etc.
• Attends to and initiates calls to students and parents as needed.
• Call, send mailings, text messages, and voice recordings to participants and parents as needed.
• Manage social media accounts
• Perform other duties as assigned and/or directed.
• Applicants must be a college student or graduate with a strong academic record and a valid driver’s license.
• Possess excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written) skills, as well as effective organizational and time management skills.
• Possess sound judgment and solid decision-making skills.
• Must be comfortable wearing professional dress attire.
• Be able to follow directions/directives, as well as be conscientious and detailed oriented.
• Provide excellent customer service and possess the ability to foster positive interactions with the Upward Bound staff, school administrators, teachers, staff, students, parents, and the general public.
• Highly proficient in typing, filing and information technology including MS Office Suite, internet usage/research, and managing social media accounts
• Be sensitive to the needs of a diverse population and have the ability to speak confidently in front of large groups.
• Be a quick starter and learner and be able to take initiative.
• Be able to communicate on the go.
• Have the ability to travel to various summer sites to provide onsite support to assist the Upward Bound staff.
• Be able to pass a criminal background and drug test.
• Be available in last week of May for a one (1) day orientation
Applications accepted until the position is filled?Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete the entire application for this position (including salary information).
Provide a cover letter expressing interest in the position.
Attach or include a resume detailing relevant experience.
Provide the names and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references. At least two (2) of the three (3) references must be current or former supervisors.