VP of Behavior
Full Job Description
The Arc of Central Alabama is looking for a individual that exudes positive behavior and would like to join us in working at The Arc as the Vice President of Behavior!
About Us: The Arc of Central Alabama serves people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) and their families through comprehensive and quality programming, advocacy efforts, education, and awareness, all in an effort to ensure each person affected by IDD has the opportunity to reach their fullest potential for the most independent life possible.
Work Schedule: 8:00am-5:00pm
Role: We are looking for a VP of Behavior to help join our growing team at The Arc of Central Alabama. This role is an opportunity to work with us to achieve our culture, strategy and vision! This person will:
- Provide direct supervision of our BCBA Director and BCBA's.
- Provide clinical supervision, management oversight, professional development and work direction to BCBA's as well as those seeking certification through the Behavior Analytic Certification Board (BACB) to meet clinical staff certification/licensing requirements as needed.
- Oversee systems to monitor/review clinical programs to ensure optimal utilization of services and resources, to document that provision of direct care and clinical supervision is consistent with the service guidelines for all cases.
- Track direct and indirect sessions to people in services to ensure that services are provided to the full extent of the authorization for each person served.
- Provide at minimum weekly individual meetings and quarterly evaluations for all staff in the Behavior Support Department to review employee goals and performance while giving feedback and training for development.
- Lead clinical staff meetings monthly to review caseload data and review relevant literature as a department.
- Provide field-based checks on behavior analysts, monitor adherence to policy and procedures, and monitor schedules.
- Oversee the research, development and the implementation of Behavior Support Plans to reduce targeted/maladaptive behaviors as well as increase adaptive/appropriate skills.
- Review and sign off on Level 2 & 3 provider work prior to implementation.
- Assist with psychiatric clinic and provide information on specific individuals or delegate the responsibility to another member of the department as needed including assisting with the organization of charts and documentation following clinic.
- Attend meetings as needed for annual support team meetings, as well as any interim meetings/school meetings regarding behavioral concerns, change in placement, etc.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and assist with all departments as needed in regard to behavioral concerns.
- Masters in psychology or related field
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst, Alabama Licensed Behavior Analyst; Five years of related professional experience working (minimum two years’ experience in a supervisory role)
- This position requires frequently standing; walking; hand dexterity; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The Arc of Central Alabama provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Birmingham, AL: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Master's (Required)
- Managerial: 1 year (Preferred)
- BCBA Certification (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*