As a subject matter expert, are you ready to enhance your analytical skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you interested in joining a firm where professional development and growth opportunities are a part of its corporate culture? If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to advise Government clients through critical issues, while allowing you to develop personally and professionally, Deloitte could be the place for you! Join our team of Government Supply Chain and Network Operations specialists and play a key role in helping to transform the Government marketplace!
Work you’ll do
As a Specialist Master within our Supply Chain team, you will:
- Design and translate the corporate mission into supply chain strategies to help our clients transform their supply chain capabilities
- Drive competitiveness by reducing supply chain logistics complexities
- Organize and deliver services on a cross-section of projects
- Leverage deep subject matter knowledge on engagements
- Contribute to the development and cultivation of business and vendor relationships
- Serve as a “Subject Matter Expert”, adding interpretive value to data presented or experienced insight into a functional process or issue
- Display business judgment in anticipating client/project needs and developing alternative solutions
- Identify opportunities for other Deloitte service offerings that can address client needs
- Responsible for managing solutions, delegating resources, and helping to ensure quality assurance principles are met across projects and deliverables
- Supervises the work of team members and supports delivery teams and staff
- Actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities providing input and guidance into the staffing process
- Contribute to business development initiatives to grow the Supply Chain team and the Federal practice
- Manage resources on client projects
- The Deloitte Team is currently seeking PhD energy specialists, particularly with research specialties in emerging energy technologies, fossil energy, and/or oil & gas, to help oversee technical workstreams. These candidates will carry out quality and timely technical services for the client, including project and research planning, execution, monitoring, and assessment; and for high quality, credible analyses of the entire economic value chain of energy, from resource assessment, extraction, and transport, to conversion, distribution, and end-use.
- The Deloitte team works with the client to implement key technical, research, modeling, and scientific activities related to the execution of its mission and strategic areas to help the laboratory to fulfill its energy-related mission.
- Oversee technical workstreams related to the execution of the NETL mission, including energy technology, regulatory, and policy information research
- Direct the research, technical inputs, and foundation for energy market modeling simulations and analysis from generation to end use
- Manage client relationships with Technology Directors, Program Managers, and research scientists across multiple clients
- Produce professional reports, analyses, memos, presentations and similar outputs synthesizing and communicating research results for a wide variety of audiences from technical specialists to congressional leadership
- Act as SME for energy, economic, material science, engineering issues and projects across a wide variety of federal contracts
- Comply with federal contracting requirements related to program management, budgeting and time
Supply Chain Networks
Our Supply Chain Networks team helps clients transform their value chains into competitive weapons. We drive efficiency, improve flexibility, and increase responsiveness through proactive insights and decision-making. We advise, implement, and operate transformational solutions that bring world-class supply network and operational capabilities to our clients. We provide operational know-how, digital technologies, advanced analytics, and industry-specific hybrid solutions to deliver unprecedented client value. Additionally, we improve operations, product, and material flow across the breadth of the value chain and create greater supply network synergy and value through M&A events.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, or Engineering
- PhD in an energy related field
- 6+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- 2+ years in a technical or functional lead role
- Experience mentoring and coaching others
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Experience managing senior-level client relationships
- Experience presenting to clients or other decision makers to present and sell ideas to various audiences (technical and non-technical)
- Pre-sales, proposal, and RFP experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required Security Clearance for this role
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.