This job has Expired
Accounting & Finance Temporary Lecturer Pool
The Department of Accounting and Finance teaches in finance, accounting, and tax disciplines with a technology flavor and encourages cross-discipline research. It houses the MS in Accounting and MS in Taxation programs and an exciting new program, the Masters of Science in Finance, with a corporate finance focus. Centers of excellence include the Center for Banking and Financial Services, the Accounting Advancement Center, and the High Technology Tax Institute. Students pursue careers in public accounting, corporate accounting and finance, banking, investments, and accounting information systems, among other careers. For more information, please visit https://www.sjsu.edu/acctfin/
Brief Description of Duties
- Teach at the undergraduate level, demonstrating effective teaching and excellent student engagement. In addition to teaching during the designated class time, lecturers are responsible for maintaining weekly office hours; preparing a course syllabus and Canvas materials; and creating and evaluating student exams and assignments. Lecturer participation in faculty meetings and providing input on curriculum decisions is also desired. Positions start at the beginning of a semester and appointments may be renewed based on department need, funding, and performance.
- Organize all classes within the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS).
- Offer and meet classes as scheduled throughout the entire semester or term, in the mode assigned and listed in the schedule of classes (i.e., asynchronous, synchronous, bichronous, in-person, or hybrid).
- Demonstrate awareness of and address the needs of a student population of great diversity–including age, abilities, cultural background, ethnicity, religion, economic background, primary language, sexual orientation, gender identity, and academic preparation–through inclusive course materials, teaching strategies and advisement.
- MS or higher degree in Accounting, Taxation or Finance or an MBA with an emphasis in accounting or finance. Individuals with a BS or BSBA degree may be considered if they are a CPA with significant industry experience.
- Current knowledge of the discipline to which the individual is assigned.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Applicants should demonstrate an awareness of and sensitivity to the educational goals of a multicultural population as might have been gained in cross-cultural study, training, teaching and other comparable experience.
Priority will be given to candidates who possess one or more of the following:
- Professional experience in finance, accounting, or taxation.
- Professional designations such as Chartered Financial Analyst or Certified Public Accountant.
- Excellent teaching experience at the university level.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*