Community Education Coordinator
Tri-County Help Center, Inc. (TCHC) is a private, non-profit agency located in Belmont, Harrison and Monroe counties. If you are interested in a feminist-grassroots, progressive agency that advocates for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault and are dedicated to helping people overcome mental health issues, contact us today!
- The position is primary located in TCHC's administrative office in St. Clairsville, Ohio, however travel to satellite offices in Cadiz and Woodsfield and throughout the Belmont, Harrison and Monroe county area is required. The position 40-hours per week Monday-Friday 830am-430pm. The hourly rate is range is $16.00-$20.00 dependent upon qualifications and experiences. Mileage is reimbursed at $0.44 per mile. A $500 sign-on bonus is provided after 6-months employment.
- Must have bachelors degree in related field with 3 years experience or supervisory experience
- Must have a knowledge of community resources and methods of accessing them, along with an understanding of mental health, intimate partner violence, child abuse, and gender disparities
- ADMINISTRATION: Answering the phone, scheduling appointments on the electronic health records system and other duties required to maintain the office. Assist in writing and reporting to federal, state and local grants to fund agency programs.
- AWARENESS and OUTREACH: Plan, organize and coordinate prevention education and awareness activities, presentations and events relevant to TCHC's mission. Coordinate public relations activities, social media and newsletters.
- COMMUNITY COORDINATION: Develop partnerships with programs, agencies, organizations and groups within the community. Participate and facilitate collaborative board meetings. Offer speaking engagements and presentations actively promoting TCHC's mission and programs.
- SUPERVISION: This supervisory role will provide training, direct and team supervision to TCHC's legal advocates and the sexual assault program.
- DIRECT SERVICES: Oversee survivor support groups, facilitate/develop intervention and prevention programs, provide crisis-intervention in-person and on-call rape crisis advocacy providing hospital accompaniment to victims of sexual assault.
TCHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants shall be considered regardless of applicant's race, color, religious affiliation, national origin, gender, disability status, sexual orientation or veteran status. For more information, visit TCHC's website at www.TriCountyHelp.org.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*