Crowder College – Nevada. Nine-month, full-time position, effective Fall 2019 semester. The Communications Instructor is responsible for teaching English courses as scheduled and agreed to with division chair/center director and in keeping with the guidelines listed outlined in the attached job description, assist with curriculum development and review, and assist students with advising and enrollment as needed. Assignments may include all delivery methods (traditional, online, and hybrid). Class load will be fifteen credit hours per semester. Teaching assignments may involve day/evening or off-site classes.
Knowledge and critical skills/experience for the position include:
1. Master’s degree required in English.
2. Experience teaching college students preferred.
3. Willingness to teach or learn to teach on-line. Knowledge of Blackboard is a plus.
4. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
5. Ability to plan, organize, and implement responsibilities effectively.
6. Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with students, other professionals, staff, and the public.
Salary range $36,386 – $46,578 for nine months, commensurate with education/experience, plus excellent fringe benefits which include PSRS retirement, health and life insurance, and tuition waivers for dependents. To apply, send letter of interest, resume, copies of transcript(s), and Application for employment to Human Resources, 601 Laclede, Neosho, MO 64850 or email to HR@crowder.edu. Open until filled. Crowder College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.