Antelope Valley College invites applications for our adjunct (temporary, part-time) faculty applicant pool for the following
POSITION: Political Science Instructor (RN 17-123)
SALARY: Salary Schedule E (currently $1,186.43 - $1282.99 commensurate with education)
Adjunct instructors are hired on a semester basis and are paid per lecture hour equivalent (LHE).
(To establish a Pool for upcoming semesters)
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Most current Minimum Qualifications for Faculty in California Community Colleges (10th edition):
Master’s in political science, government, or international relations OR Bachelor’s in any of the above AND
Master’s in economics, history, public administration, social science, sociology, any ethnic studies, JD, or LL.B.
(Academic Affairs Division, California Community Colleges)
• Academic Senate’s approved equivalency: No equivalency established by discipline faculty.
(Updated: December 5, 2013)
AND Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic background of
community college students.
• Instruct students in the assigned discipline.
• Assignment may include teaching courses during the day, evening, and/or off-campus sites.APPLICATION PROCEDURE
It is the responsibility of each applicant to have all the following documents on file in the Human Resources Office by the
deadline date in order to continue in the application process for this position.
In order to be considered for placement in the adjunct hiring pool, ALL of the following materials must be provided. If any of
the listed materials are missing or incomplete, the application will not be considered.
1. A completed and signed Antelope Valley College Adjunct Faculty Application.
Please do not state "See Résumé" on any part of the application. Blank spaces or illegible entries may be
cause for rejection of the application. The District will not return application materials submitted.
2. A personal résumé.
3. Two current signed and dated letters of recommendation from individuals having knowledge of your professional
4. Transcripts* of ALL college work from an accredited institution. (Unofficial transcripts or photocopies will be
accepted to establish the application file). Official transcripts will be required if the candidate is offered the position.
*Note: Any degree from a country other than the U.S., including Great Britain and Canada,
must be evaluated by a professional evaluation service.
5. For those disciplines with established Academic Senate’s approved equivalency; complete the
Supplemental Equivalency Request form (if applicant is applying based on an equivalency and is
requesting review, a blank form is provided with the application).