Position StatusFull Time
DepartmentDT Physical Plant
Maintains campus grounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Cuts lawns; rims and edges around walks, flower beds, and walls
• Prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth or remove damaged leaves, branches, or twigs
• Sprays lawn, shrubs, and trees with fertilizer, herbicides, and insecticides; rakes and bags leaves
• Cleans grounds and removes litter; removes weeds from various campus locations
• Plants grass, flowers, trees, and shrubs; waters lawn and shrubs. Performs weed eating duties
• Cleans out drainage ditches and culverts
• Sharpens tools such as weed cutters, edging tools, and shears
• Makes minor repairs on equipment such as lawn mower and spreader
• Performs custodial and other indoor laborer duties as needed
• Delivers specialized items as needed
• Completes work orders as assigned
• Cares for and maintains ornamentals; identifies pest problems and eradicates problems
• Operate bobcats, forklifts, and bucket trucks
• Installs sidewalks and walkways as needed
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
• Six (6) months grounds keeping experience
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Prior experience with operating a forklift
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
Usual working hours are 7:00 am – 3:00 pm. Summer schedule is a four day work week of 10 hour days, 6:00 am – 4:30 pm. Schedule subject to change based on department needs.