Reporting to the Vice President and Dean of Academic Affairs, the full-time Registrar is responsible for the integrity, accuracy, and security of all student academic records and provides reports and information analysis necessary for accreditation, assessment, and continual improvement of the seminary. The Registrar will have the capacity to handle multiple projects simultaneously, be an independent problem solver, collaborate across the institution, interpret data and trends, and be both task-minded and relationally oriented to optimize the student experience. This includes implementing best practices, operationalizing continuous improvement, and ensuring compliance with institutional and accrediting policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Collaboration for Institutional Effectiveness
- Work closely with IT to ensure efficient, effective use of technology for student registration and records retention, including full implementation of Blackbaud SIS and interface with Brightspace LMS.
- Work with Admissions to establish accurate and complete student records in SIS.
- Work with Financial Aid and Finance Offices to provide accurate registration reports for financial aid award purposes and to ensure accurate billing.
- Work with Degree Program Directors and Dean to improve course scheduling, advising practices, student retention, and degree completion.
- Work with committees, faculty, staff, and students, interpreting and enforcing registration policies.
- Work with Contextual Education and Advanced Studies for entry of additional degree requirements (CPE, internship, and examinations, etc.) on academic record.
- Work with Alumni Relations to obtain and monitor transition of recent graduate information to Raiser's Edge.
- Serve on Commencement Committee to plan and execute annual graduation ceremony.
Certification and Compliance
- Serve as certifying official for student academic transcripts, providing official transcripts as requested.
- Lead seminary's compliance efforts for the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Serve as Principal Designated School Official (PDSO) and Responsible Officer (RO) for Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) to establish and maintain F1 international student visa status and J1 exchange visitor visa status and manage Seminary's recertification process.
- Monitor compliance for Veterans Administration.
Records, Reports, and Information Analysis
- Collaborate with faculty to record grades each term.
- Determine Academic Standing and support Financial Aid Office in determining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Maintain and update seminary's academic information infrastructures including academic records archives and online student database for all six degree programs.
- In consultation with other offices and in keeping with best practices, develop and implement a records retention policy for Academic Affairs.
- Prepare enrollment and other reports required by government and accrediting agencies.
- Provides enrollment verification to synods, employment screening agencies, etc.
- Serve on the Academic Assessment Committee to provide reports and information analysis critical for degree program reviews, curricular improvement, and institutional assessments.
- Attend Academic Cabinet and Faculty Meetings when expertise needed to accomplish agenda items.
- Update student email distributions lists and advisee lists on MYLSTC annually.
Policies, Procedures, and Documents
- Recommend, develop, and enforce policies and procedures for student registration, course scheduling, instructional space scheduling, Academic Standing, Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), degree program audits, completion of degree program requirements for graduation, and record retention.
- Maintain and update documents including course schedules, registrar's forms, academic calendars, LSTC Catalog, and Degree Program Manuals, ensuring intranet and internet accessibility to each.
- Oversee degree/certificate conferral, diploma/certificate processing, and official transcript, degree, and enrollment verifications.
- Plan, implement, and maintain accurate records for student registration processes for all academic degree programs, including cross-registration with ACTS (Association of Chicago Theological Schools) consortium and ELCA seminaries and bi-registration with the University of Chicago.
- Ensure course listings and profiles are posted in a timely manner on MyLSTC and LSTC/ACTS websites.
- Maintain master list of courses in student information system and create new courses as needed.
- Prepare class schedule in student information system and ensure schedule's accuracy.
Other duties as assigned
Interested applicants should have a Bachelor's degree with at least 5 years of professional experience in related fields, including at least 2 years serving within a registrar's office. Candidates experienced with Blackbaud Student Information Management System and online curricula are preferred, and familiarity with theological education would be advantageous. Exceptional communication, work ethic, collaborative approach, relational skills, and attention to detail are essential. Applicants should have the capacity to handle multiple projects simultaneously, be an independent self-starter, and exhibit a high degree of intercultural competence. This position requires succeeding under pressure during specific times of the year and working collaboratively, fairly, and courteously with different kinds of people and temperaments.
LSTC is committed to diversity, anti-racism, and anti-oppression. Women and/or persons from historically underrepresented cultural groups are encouraged to apply. LSTC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume through our online application portal. The letter of interest should outline your qualifications specific to the position and how you connect with the mission of LSTC. Details can be found at https://www.lstc.edu/about/resources/employment.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/BzN6zACA5R7KBhRDmhR214
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*