Associate Vice Chancellor & Controller
Job Number 29206117
Full/Part Time Full Time
Schedule 8AM - 5PM
Salary $146,000 - $295,000
The full salary range for the Associate Vice Chancellor and Controller is $146,000 to $295,000 annually. The expected salary scale for this position is $190,000 to $250,000 annually. We base salary offers on a variety of considerations, such as education, licensure and certifications, experience, and other business and organizational needs.
**As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy. All Covered Individuals under the policy must provide proof of Full Vaccination or submit a request for Exception (based on Medical Exemption, Disability, and/or Religious Objection) or Deferral (based on pregnancy) no later than the applicable deadline. For new University of California employees, the applicable deadline is ten weeks after their first date of employment. **
|Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
|10 - 15 years of related experience.
|Previous supervisory/managerial experience.
|Travel Outside of Normal Business Hours
|Must successfully pass a background check through the DOJ and FBI.
Expert leadership skills needed to assume responsibility for the overall operational success of the function.
Expert knowledge of industry systems and practices and their usage at a campus, medical center or Office of the President.
Ability to work effectively across the organization at all levels.
Highly sophisticated judgment and decision-making, critical thinking, and creative problem solving.
Expertise in internal control practices. Experience in implementing controls that strengthen the control environment throughout the organization.
Ability to present complex information in an effective manner.
Demonstrated knowledge of the regulatory, banking, and financial environments in which institutions of higher education operate. Advanced knowledge of complex financial policies, practices and systems; budgeting and reporting techniques; fund accounting; human resource planning; accounting and bookkeeping including GASB, FASB and generally accepted accounting practices.
Ability to establish mission and goals at the macro-level; to lead subordinate management to develop goals in alignment with mission. Proven ability to lead and execute departmental strategic planning processes and participate and provide valuable input to VC level strategic planning efforts.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside is proud to be ranked No. 12 among all U.S. universities, according to Money Magazine's 2020 rankings, and among the top 1 percent of universities worldwide, according to the 2019-20 Center for World University rankings.
- UC Riverside is the top university in the United States for social mobility. - U.S. News 2020
- UCR is a member of the University Innovation Alliance, the leading national coalition of public research universities committed to improving student success for low-income, first-generation, and students of color.
- Among top-tier universities, UC Riverside ranks No. 2 in financial aid. - Business Insider 2019
- Ranked No. 2 in the world for research, UCR's Department of Entomology maintains one of the largest collections of insect specimens the nation. - Center for World University Rankings
- UCR's distinguished faculty boasts 2 Nobel Laureates, and 13 members of the National Academies of Science and Medicine.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details
View complete Job Description for this position
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/V8pmglIkpKnnMc6XzUZV6p
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*