Success Coach - Disability Services
Our Disability Services Success Coach works one-on-one with clients that have intellectual disabilities, guardians and referring agencies to provide services to clients based on their needs. The Success Coach interprets assessments, works jointly with clients to ensure the IPC is being followed appropriately, assists with independent skills and each client with goal setting. They will help clients with wrap-around services that include training pathways like Goodlife enrollment or GED training. The right candidate will be able to maintain a welcoming and positive attitude while guiding clients and their needs. Working at Goodwill is a rewarding and as well. fast-paced environment that requires a team player with a commitment to collaborative work and initiative to get things done.
At the Goodwill Dallas, we change lives one job at a time by empowering people with disabilities and other barriers through job training and employment at Goodwill and in the community. We achieve our mission by living our core values of Respect, Commitment, Improvement, and Integrity.
- Live the Values
- Results Driven
- Client Focus
- Great Communication and Conflict Resolution Skills
- Positive Attitude and Growth Mindset
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct enrollment orientations, tours, file reviews and maintain case notes in data system.
- Assist in developing and implemented structured skills training classes and client events.
- Provide work adjustment training, find vocational training, conduct staffings and prepare clients hours.
- Administer skill assessments to each client to develop goals based on desired outcomes.
- Assist case management team in client specific IPC targets, incident reports and discharge summaries.
- Help clients with barriers build skills, find jobs, and grow in the community.
- Find key trainings for people with disabilities.
- Responsible for security of clients during lunch time walks and on fieldtrips.
- Assist other staff in maintaining accurate records of work and ISS hours logs.
- Communicate professionally using phone, radio, emails, and in-person.
- Ability to walk, stand, stoop and lift, push and pull up to 30 lbs.
- Occasionally, assist in the warehouse and complete other tasks assigned by the management team.
- Must have a B.A. or B.S. in Social Work, Special Education, or other related fields.
- Must be able to clear monthly background checks and randomized drug testing.
- Minimum of 2 years of volunteer or paid work with the IDD population is preferred.
- Maintain personal commitment to personal development in accordance with appropriate regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft word, excel and power point.
- Flexibility to adapt to tasks as required by clients and/or leadership.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of the Mission Services Team.
- Demonstrated dependability and great intrapersonal skills.
- Comfortable working with people of all socio-economic, and diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Have reliable transportation and a valid Texas driver’s license.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position. Goodwill Dallas seeks to create an inclusive and dynamic team environment where people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives can thrive and have a positive impact to achieving our mission. This job posting generally captures the key duties and qualifications for the role but is not considered to be all inclusive. If this opportunity and the Goodwill Dallas mission speak to you, we encourage you to apply.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*