Category: Part Time Non-Benefited Positions
Department: Library & Learning Commons
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Jan 8, 2019
Type: PT No Benefits
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. Ranked among the 25 fastest growing public two-year colleges in the United States, BHCC is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, MA, in nearby Chelsea, MA, and at three satellite locations within the Greater Boston area. BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges.
BHCC offers 103 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Sixty-seven percent of students are people of color and more than fifty percent are women.
Bunker Hill Community College BHCC is nationally recognized as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream and is one of four colleges awarded the National Gates Foundation Achieving the Dream Catalyst grant.
BHCC is a progressive institution guided by five goals: to Foster Student Success, Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness, Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity and Develop the College's Infrastructure. The College is committed to a learning community teaching/learning environment and, as an Achieving the Dream institution, is focused on data-driven student success.
Living in Boston:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2014 and 2015 were ahead of projections. Eighty-plus colleges and a quarter of a million college students in the area make Boston one of the country's "youngest major metropolis," according to Boston magazine. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
Reporting to the Director of the Library and Learning Commons, this position will work in the Bunker Hill Community College Library & Learning Commons on the Charlestown campus.
Primary Job Duties
- Interacts and provides assistance to patrons (students, faculty, staff and guests) in identifying, locating and accessing information online.
- Provide instructional services and research assistance in individual and group settings using print and electronic sources.
- Provide technology assistance and troubleshooting of issues with computers, printers and other equipment.
- Assist in the development of guides (online/electronic and in print) to improve access and use of information including, but not limited to the navigation of databases, style and format guides, subject-specific guides, copyright, and plagiarism.
- ALA-accredited Master's degree in Library and/or Information Science (M.L.I.S. or M.L.S.).
- Familiarity with integrated library systems
- Ability to work this position's specific schedule
- Proven ability to provide information literacy workshops for students and faculty.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills- written and oral
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Proficiency using Evergreen ILS
- One to two years of post-Master's degree experience involving library operations, Information Literacy, library information systems, and reference experience in an academic library, preferably in a community college library.
Salary: $28.29 @ 18hr./wk.
Review Date: January 31, 2019
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
- A Copy of your Unofficial Transcripts
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE