The Department of Mathematical Sciences at Central Connecticut State University invites applications for two full-time, tenure-track positions at the rank of Assistant Professor, starting in the fall 2019 semester. The department consists of 30 full-time faculty members in three areas: mathematics, statistics, and mathematics education. These positions are specifically in the mathematics area. The Department offers undergraduate and master's programs in mathematics, statistics, and mathematics education. Candidates are expected to be committed to multiculturalism and working with a diverse student body.
· Earned Ph.D. in mathematics (from a regionally accredited institution or international equivalent) by the time of appointment
· Demonstration of a strong commitment to teaching, with at least five sections of classes taught as instructor of record at the college level (by the time of appointment)
· Evidence of a viable research program in pure or applied mathematics
· Commitment to serving culturally, ethnically and linguistically diverse communities
· Demonstrated excellence in teaching at the college level
· Evidence of a strong, active research program
· Ability to collaborate on research projects
For full consideration, applications must be received by January 31, 2019. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Only applications submitted to University's applicant system will be considered. To begin the application process, go to www.ccsu.edu/jobs.