Patient Services Intermediate
To coordinate the patient’s care and schedule heart catherization and electrophysiology procedures in the Pediatric Cardiology Coordinated Care Center and to provide support to various clerical and medical staff to ensure an efficient and expedient experience for the patient and their family.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Catherization, Electrophysiology, Minor Procedures, Surgery Admission and Inpatient scheduling.
- Coordinate patient appointments for procedures, surgery and pre-testing.
- Facilitate communication with patient and/or family between other center personnel and other departments.
- Liaison to patient and medical personnel to coordinate patient needs (social work, transportation, lodging etc.)
- Provide coverage to other clerical areas as needed.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Prior experience performing complex scheduling
- Exemplary interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, problem solve and work cooperatively with faculty and staff.
- Strong attention to detail, multitasking, accountability and follow through abilities.
- Ability to work as part of a team but also able to take direction while successfully managing the clinic needs in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional and positive image and attitude when interacting patients, faculty, and staff.
- 3-4 years experience of direct patient care in a medical setting or ambulatory care site.
- Pediatric patient care experience.
- Proficient in MiChart - Cadence and OpTime.
- Responds positively to change, showing willingness to learn new ways to work.
Monday - Friday 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
COVID-19 vaccinations are required for all students, faculty and staff working in the following areas: Michigan Medicine including the Medical School, Dental School, University Health Service or the Mary A. Rackham Institute. This includes those working remotely and temporary workers. More information on this new policy is available on the U-M Health Response.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*