This job has Expired
At ACC, every employee is focused and responsible for student success. We promote a culture of inclusivity and innovation through individualized support, passionate employees, and a welcoming environment. Hands on experiences and personalized attention make learning come alive at ACC enabling our diverse community of students and staff to develop the knowledge and skills they need to reach their academic and career goals. Since 1965, ACC has supported a culture of achievement and has been the place of choice for people who want to Move Mountains.
ACC seeks applicants who understand and have first-hand experience with historically marginalized populations such as people of color, LGBTQ+ community members, veterans, first generation graduates, and people with disabilities.
The Mathematics Department at Arapahoe Community College is accepting applications for part-time Instructors to teach college-level courses on either STEM or non-STEM pathways this upcoming summer semester. Future teaching assignments are to be determined.
Candidates must be able to teach at ACCâ€™s Littleton Campus and/or the Sturm Collaboration Campus at Castle Rock.
This posting will be used to fill multiple part-time Instructor vacancies. Finalist must be willing to make Colorado their primary workplace, including for online courses.
Part-time Instructors provide instructional duties for the College in their respective areas of expertise. They report to the department or program chair within the discipline and do not have any supervisory responsibilities. Responsibilities include instruction, student assessment, and other related instructional duties. Instructional delivery may include face-to-face, hybrid, and online. Classes may be held during the day or in the evenings, Monday - Friday.
The instructor must be patient, and respectful, while also providing their expectations for what is considered acceptable work. The instructor must display dedication to the class as well as the goals of the program.
Part-time instructors have the following responsibilities:
Classroom Instruction: Required to meet all class periods and start and end classes promptly. Teach assigned curriculum and make use of required texts and materials. Provide students with a complete syllabus before the first day of class that includes information on course description, objectives, assignments, grading policies, and contact information. Maintain accurate records of attendance and provide data on student attendance (no-shows, last day of attendance, etc.), promptly. Use technology to facilitate learning including meeting the required minimum standards for the use of the College learning management system Desire2Learn (D2L).
Student Assessment (Grading): Maintain updated and accurate grading records in D2L and submit all final grades by the due date in the college student information system, Banner. Provide consistent and timely feedback to students regarding progress and grades on assignments.
Planning: Prepare for each class meeting and consider learning strategies that address diverse learning styles and a diverse community college student population. Class content and assessment methods should relate to course objectives.
Communication: Provide timely feedback to students using ACC email account for all College business. Check ACC email account and D2L email account (if used) every 24-48 hours during the class term and for at least one week after grades are submitted.
ACC Equity Statement
We welcome and value the identities and experiences of our students, staff, faculty, and surrounding communities. We seek to engage and support historically marginalized groups whom higher education has traditionally failed to serve. We work to foster an equitable and inclusive learning and work environment that supports our students and employees through professional development, programming, reflection, and transformational change of ACC practices, procedures, services, and teaching. We collectively commit to holding ourselves accountable to our equity goals through assessing these efforts with multiple strategies that include voices of those impacted by this work.
- Masterâ€™s degree in Mathematics or related discipline, or Masterâ€™s degree plus 18 graduate credit hours in Mathematics, or Masterâ€™s degree AND one of the following:
- Successful completion of Actuarial Exams 1 and 2 qualifies an instructor to teach MAT 1240 and MAT 1260
- Successful completion of AP Statistics Training and at least 4 yearsâ€™ experience teaching AP Statistics qualifies an instructor to teach MAT 1240 and MAT 1260
- Successful completion of AP Calculus Training and at least 4 yearsâ€™ experience teaching AP Calculus qualifies an instructor to teach up through MAT 2410 on the algebraic literacy pathway
- Successful completion of IB Standard Level Training with certificate in the last 5 years and at least 4 years of teaching the IB Standard Level course qualifies an instructor to teach up through MAT 2410 on the algebraic literacy pathway
- Successful completion of IB Math at Higher Level Training with certificate in the last 5 years and at least 4 years of teaching the IB Math at Higher Level course qualifies an instructor to teach up through MAT 2420 on the algebraic literacy pathway
- Experience teaching and/or training various subjects within the Mathematics discipline.
- Demonstrated commitment working with and supporting students from historically marginalized communities (people of color, LGBTQ+ community members, veterans, first generation graduates, people with disabilities, etc.).
- Demonstrate a growth mindset regarding professional development.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in facilitating equitable outcomes for customers, key stakeholders, or students using effective inclusive strategies.
- Demonstrate building successful professional relationships and working collaboratively with internal and external constituents and outside agencies.
- Participate and/or lead in professional organizations, committees and/or taskforces.
- Experience with remote and/or online teaching/training and experience developing courses for multiple delivery formats.
- Ability to develop well-defined assessment/evaluation objectives and high-performance standards aligned with expectations.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*