This job has Expired
Library Part-Time Faculty Pool
Full Job Description
$13,729 - $20,575 / quarter, depending on experience/education
Shoreline Community College is dedicated to inclusive excellence in teaching and learning, student success, and community engagement. Shoreline serves the educational, workforce, and cultural needs of our diverse students and communities through the core themes of educational attainment and student success, program excellence, community engagement, access and diversity, and College stewardship. Shoreline Community College is a place of open inquiry and learning, with a campus that models ideals set out in our Community Standard*. We are committed to upholding a culture of free expression, as well as maintaining a supportive and respectful learning and working environment for all.
The Reference and Public Services Librarian provides reference assistance to students, faculty and other library clients in locating information related to class assignments, research and general interests using both standard and electronic library and information resources. This position may assist clients at various locations including the library itself and in campus classrooms, college teaching centers located away from the home campus and to distance learners at remote sites using Internet and other interactive media. A portion of the work schedule may be in the evening program and/or at off-campus locations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in Library Science (MLS) from a graduate program accredited by the American Library Association (ALA).
- Demonstrated successful work experience in the field of librarianship or other related information services area.
- Impart excitement and enthusiasm into teaching students, faculty, library colleagues and others in the use of library tools and systems, information literacy and general competency in using Internet, the World Wide Web, etc.
- Experience with or willingness to gain experience with teaching and developing coursework online
- Fostering a climate of equity and belonging through multicultural awareness and responsiveness
- Effective oral/written communication with individuals at all levels inside and outside the College
- Adapting to a variety of teaching situations with students from diverse backgrounds/abilities
- Developing/modifying curriculum both collaboratively and independently
- Working and interacting effectively with colleagues, staff, students, administrators and others of various cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The College is currently in mixed (both in-person and online instruction) operations, with the option for some assignments to completed in a fully online environment based on program or area needs. For remote (online) instruction, faculty will need to provide their own workspace and internet access, noting the College will provide technical equipment and support for online work needs. For on-campus in-person instruction, work is usually performed in a classroom/office space that requires standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time. Faculty typically use computers and media equipment in the work environment.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT/SALARY:
This is a part-time, non-tenured, quarter-to-quarter assignment. Salary is dependent upon the number of contact hours for this assignment as provided in the agreement with the Shoreline Community College Federation of Teachers. Hiring of this position is contingent upon available funding as determined by the College President.
Persons with disabilities have the right to reasonable accommodation in all aspects of employment with the College. This includes, but is not limited to recruitment, application, hiring, training, termination, conditions of employment, and any other employer-supported activities. Applicants requesting accommodation should contact the Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In compliance with the Immigration and Nationality Act, proof of authorization to work in the United States will be required at the time of hire.
- Other conditions that may apply will be detailed upon offer of employment.
- This position is overtime-exempt.
To be considered for this position, please submit the following:
NEOGOV online application/profile
- Letter of interest addressing how you meet each of the qualifications
- Current resume
- Transcripts documenting degrees earned and relevant coursework (official required upon hire)
Applicants considered for positions at the College may be required to submit to a background check as a condition of employment. Adverse information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicantâ€™ suitability for the positions.
Please Note: Once application materials have been submitted, you may not modify the application.
- Community Standard Statement
Shoreline Community College is a place for students, employees, and the community to pursue excellence in education in an environment dedicated to equity, inclusiveness, and self-reflection. We value respectful, dynamic interactions and lively discussion. We strive to create an environment where everyone is supported and valued. Shoreline Community College does not tolerate hateful, violent, or discriminatory actions that target any person or group based on their beliefs, customs, identity, or affiliations. When one of us is diminished, all of us are diminished.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*