Post Doctoral Associate - Psychology
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet .
This is a full-time research position with two years of guaranteed funding and the possibility for renewal after. The successful candidate will be motivated to seek independent funding (e.g., through NIH) for career advancement. Grant writing mentorship will be provided. The primary work location of this position is on the Miller School of Medicine campus, however, this role will require traveling to and engaging in data collection in local Miami communities.
The Post Doctoral Associate performs scientific research and studies under the supervision of managing staff. Moreover, the Post Doctoral Associate promotes institutional recognition through literal contributions to the scientific community.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conducts research on specific areas of study as assigned.
- Prepares research reports and technical papers for publishing.
- Investigates the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific principles and theories.
- Maintains substantial knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories.
- Develops advanced analytical models and systems and provides solutions and analyses to support strategic and tactical decisions.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
- Analysis and publication of research manuscripts
- Development and writing of grant applications
- Development and writing of IRB applications
- Supervise project staff and oversee day-to-day project activities
- Lead weekly meetings with team members
- Assists with preparation of quarterly and annual project reports to funding agency
- Other responsibilities as necessary to ensure the successful execution of projects
Ph.D. in relevant field
Certification and Licensing:
No prior experience required
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Job Status:Full time
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*