Location: ECC Campus
Division: Industry & Technology
Position Type: Part time Instructor
Posting Close Date: 11/27/2018
The El Camino Community College District is now accepting applications for anticipated part-time faculty positions for the 2019 spring semester to teach welding courses with emphasis on the following:
WELDING 40C - Advanced Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
Faculty job responsibilities include the development/review of curriculum and assessment of learning outcomes to improve teaching and learning in achieving El Camino College's mission of institutional effectiveness, quality and educational programs, and vibrant student support services.
Bachelor's degree and five (5) years full-time or full-time equivalent experience in the discipline; OR
Associate's degree and six (6) years full-time or full-time equivalent experience in the discipline; OR
The equivalent - Candidates not possessing the required qualification(s) as stated on this announcement must complete the Request For Equivalency Form as part of the application process to explain in detail how their qualifications are equivalent to those above; OR
Valid California community college instructor credential in appropriate subject issued prior to July 1, 1990 (per California Education Code 87355); AND
Sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and of individuals with disabilities
- Community college teaching experience.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- D1.1 Certification in Manual and Semi-Automatic or D17.1 Certificates from American Welding Society or Contractor State License Board of California.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate partnerships with related program industry personnel and advisory committee members.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a variety of effective teaching techniques and assessment methods.
- Ability to promote the use of instructional technology in curriculum delivery.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Part-time teaching assignment(s) for the 2019 spring semester, beginning February 9, 2019. A teaching demonstration will be required during the interview process. Offer and acceptance of employment is subject to verification of all information provided on the employment application, credential(s), and transcripts. Candidates selected for employment must agree to be fingerprinted, submit Certificate of Completion of the Tuberculosis Risk Assessment and/or Examination, provide proof of eligibility for employment in the United States, and present a valid Social Security card upon hire.
PART-TIME SALARY RANGE
Part-time faculty members are compensated on a semester basis according to the number of class hours assigned per semester and on cumulative semesters of instruction for the District. The beginning rate is $82.62 - $105.47 (lecture), $62.62 - $79.92 (lab) per hour depending on education and experience.
Applicants must submit the following documents by the closing date:
1) Online application: https://elcamino.igreentree.com/css_academic
2) Cover letter describing how applicant meets the qualifications.
3) Resume including educational background, professional experience, and related personal development and accomplishments.
4) Pertinent transcripts (only in pdf format) as stated in the job qualifications. (Unofficial computer-generated academic records/transcripts must include the name of the institution and degrees awarded to be acceptable.) Multiple page transcripts must be loaded as ONE pdf document.
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. For information on transcript evaluation services, please visit: http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf
5) Evidence of a valid community college credential, if applicant holds one.
Please Note: Documents submitted or uploaded for a previous position cannot be reused for other positions. You must submit the required documents for each position you apply for by the closing date. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application. Applications with an incomplete status will not receive consideration. You may check the status of your application online.
If you need assistance, you may call 310-660-3593 Ext. 3477 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Closing Date: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 at 3:00 p. m.
El Camino College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The El Camino Community College District is committed to providing an educational and employment environment in which no person is subjected to discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental or physical), sex, gender (including pregnancy and childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military and veteran status, or retaliation; or on any other basis as required by state and federal law.