Development Coordinator (Level 5/6)
Development Coordinator (Level 5/6)
Development - Gabelli School of Business, Lincoln Center
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
- Fordham University offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to its employees, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
- We offer tuition remission for employees and their dependents
- A generous immediate employer match towards a 403(b) retirement plan.
- As a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC), Fordham is considered a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, a federal program designed to forgive student loan debt for employees of certain public and certain nonprofit employers.
- As part of its work-life balance program, the University provides generous PTO including 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, 2 personal days, 6 summer Fridays, and holidays that include paid time off between Christmas and New year.
- University employees have access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). EAP provides no-cost, professional, and confidential services, to help employees and family members address a variety of personal, family, life, and work-related issues.
The Development Coordinator is an integral member of the Development Office’s GSB team. This individual helps to carry out GSB’s fundraising strategies and activities, as defined by GSB’s Dean, Executive Director of Development, and Advisory Board.
This position reports to the Executive Director of Development, GSB and is responsible for providing full administrative support in all fundraising activities including donor meetings, special events, stewardship, and alumni engagement. This is an excellent opportunity for someone seeking a career in development to learn about the field.
This position is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement pursuant to University’s Hybrid/Remote Work Policy. Please review the policy here:
- Provides support to frontline gift officers throughout the entire prospect management process including (but not limited to) prospect outreach, data gathering and maintenance, scheduling, meeting preparation, and follow-up on action items.
- Partners with gift officers to write high quality donor briefings for meetings.
- Assists in developing major gift proposals and other forms of prospect/donor communications.
- Develops proficiency in updating pertinent donor information in the CRM database (Advance) and ensuring gifts are recorded accurately.
- Creates spreadsheets, mailing lists, donor/prospect lists and reports using a variety of query and reporting tools available in the CRM database (Advance).
- Assists with the donor stewardship process, including drafting thank you letter correspondence in a timely manner, preparing letters and emails to be sent on behalf of the Dean of GSB.
- Manages and reviews daily periodicals, list alerts and other prospecting resources.
- Assists with event calendar management and distribution to relevant parties.
- Assists with oversight of student development interns, especially relating to development events and use of Fordham’s CRM database (Advance).
- Performs other responsibilities as needed.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of one year of work experience in nonprofit management, development, alumni relations, marketing, public relations, customer service, or similar work required.
- Proficient personal-computer skills (i.e., Google Workspace, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Mailchimp, Imods, Basecamp, Advance CRM).
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, organizational ability, attention to detail, and focus.
- Ability to attend occasional evening and weekend events and to travel locally.
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
- Demonstrated ability to learn the use of new software.
- Familiarity with email marketing.
- Familiarity with development databases.
Minimum Biweekly Salary for Level 6 Internal Applicants who meet criteria: 2170.35
Maximum Biweekly Salary for Level 6 Internal Applicants who meet criteria: 2170.35
Minimum Biweekly Salary for All Others: 1991.32
Maximum Biweekly Salary for All Others: 1991.32
Union Affiliation: Local 153
FLSA CATEGORY: Non-Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
APPLY HERE: https://careers.fordham.edu/postings/4760
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*