Dillard University, classified by the Carnegie Commission on Higher Education as a balanced arts and sciences/professions institution, located in the culturally rich and diverse city of New Orleans, Louisiana, invites qualified applicants to apply for the position of Dean of the College of Business for Fall 2019.
The Dean of the College of Business is responsible for the leadership and actualization of the College of Business's vision and mission. The dean will be responsible for revitalizing and enriching the college's curricular and co-curricular programs, inspiring faculty, staff, and students, as well as engaging the New Orleans business community. The dean will also work with faculty to articulate a shared vision of excellence and be expected to further the mission of the university by building partnerships, expanding resources in collaboration with the development office, and strengthening alumni and other stakeholder connections.
The Dean of the College of Business is responsible for:
1. Leading the college;
2. Providing vision to the college;
3. Creating a collegial environment that supports excellence in teaching, service and scholarship;
4. Reviewing and updating existing degree programs within the college;
5. Developing new programs that complement the university's strategic plan, recruitment, retention, and graduation goals;
6. Developing collaborative programs with other Colleges, Schools, and academic programs within the university;
7. Strengthening the role and responsibilities of the business advisory council;
8. Developing community engagement initiatives;
9. Working with faculty members, program coordinators, school chairs and the registrar to develop course schedules;
10. Evaluating faculty members and staff within the college;
11. Teaching one course per semester;
12. Being available to faculty members, staff, and students.
13. Fundraising through donations, grants, and contracts;
14. Leading ACBSP accreditation efforts;
15. Other duties that might be assigned by the Vice President for Academic Affairs (VPAA).
The Dean of the College of Business reports to the VPAA.
The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker and an experienced leader of both people and programs with a demonstrated ability to turn vision into reality. In addition, he/she will have academic accomplishments that earn the respect of the academic community, and a distinguished scholarly and teaching record. Administrative experiences and an understanding of and experiences with accreditation specifically ACBSP are essential. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in dealing with corporate leadership and the entrepreneurial business community.
In addition, candidates should meet the following requirements:
· An earned doctorate in a business-related field; accounting or financial economics is preferred;
· Work experience (10+ years) in a business-related field;
· Progressive leadership experience;
· Administrative success in higher education;
· Distinguished record of scholarship, teaching, and service;
· Knowledge of current professional business practices;
· Entrepreneurial approach to problem solving and fundraising (to include grants and contracts).
· Experience leading an accredited college or school of business;
· Fundraising success (either through donations, contracts and/or grants).
This is a twelve-month staff position that includes a faculty appointment.
CANDIDACY PROCEDURE AND TIMELINE
Inquiries, nominations and applications are invited. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Candidates should provide a curriculum vitae/resume, a letter of application, an administrative/leadership philosophy, and a teaching philosophy. The material should be submitted to Dillard University's Career Center: