This job has Expired
Specialist, Donor Database - HCC Foundation
We are looking for a Donor Database Specialist to be a part of our Foundation team who will advance the institution’s proud tradition of excellence in academics, student life and community service. Come be a part of the Mosaic of HCC.
The Donor Database Specialist will assist the Donor Database Coordinator with maintaining the integrity of the database, donor information, processing donations and other projects assigned by the Donor Database Coordinator.
Develop queries and lists from database and other sources for annual giving programs, events, campaigns, and appeals.
Update prospective and current donor records for HCC and HCC Foundation activities and events.
Assist to create new records and maintaining donor records.
Assist with gift processing.
Assist with processing of acknowledgment letters to donors.
Assist to keep back-up for all gifts in gift records.
Provide onsite event support for gift processing.
Assist to process annual donor tax statements.
Provide support where needed/assigned for all advancement services special events.
Perform other duties, tasks and assignments as required.
Education & Experience
- Associate degree in Business, Education or related field required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working with database is preferred
Licensing & Certification
- Valid Texas Driver License
- MS Office Programs
- Information Management Systems
- Database Management
- Fundraising Management Software
- Delivering High Quality Work
- Accepting Responsibility
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Driving Continuous Improvement
- Acting with Integrity
- Thinking Critically
- Managing Change
- Communicating Effectively
General Office. Must be able to perform all job requirements with or without reasonable accommodations; remain in a stationary position during shift; move items weighing up to 25 pounds; position self to operate job equipment; apply established protocols in a timely manner. Must access, input and retrieve information from technology devices; communicate with others to accomplish job requirements. May be required to work after hours to include weekends and holidays.
SECURITY SENSITIVE: This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
Houston Community College (HCC) is an open-admission, public institution of higher education offering a high-quality, affordable education for academic advancement, workforce training, career development and lifelong learning to prepare individuals in our diverse communities for life and work in a global and technological society. We’re proud to say that 98 percent of our graduates step into a job in their field of study immediately upon graduation. One of the largest community colleges in the nation, HCC has served the Greater Houston area for over four decades. Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and the Schools Commission on Colleges, we offer 300+ associate degree and certificate programs to 75,000+ students across 13 Centers of Excellence and online each semester. We are proud to be No.1 among all community colleges in the nation in providing associate degrees to minorities and No.1 in educating international students, with 10.4 percent of our student population from outside the USA. Our vision is to become the Employer of Choice in support of our mission for Student Success by attracting, retaining and motivating the best employees.
Some of the brightest minds in academics and business are choosing HCC as their home. When you join our talented team, you’ll play a special role as teacher, mentor and academic advisor. We’ll support you in your professional development as you contribute your knowledge and expertise to HCC, our students and the community.
Houston is a city with limitless possibilities:
- Fourth-largest city in the U.S. and home to 54 Fortune 500 companies, second only to New York City’s 55.
- Approximately 145 languages are spoken here.
- Overall after-taxes living costs are 5.6 percent below the average for all 308 urban areas recently surveyed.
- Houston is a major-league sports town, and don’t forget the annual Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo.
- The weather is great! Mild winters ensure that outdoor activities can be enjoyed year-round.
- World-renowned medical care. The Houston metro area has long been known for its first-rate healthcare system, with many Houston area hospitals consistently ranking among the nation’s top institutions.
- With over 150 museums and cultural institutions in the Greater Houston area, museums are a large part of Houston’s cultural scene.
- Houston is the Culture & Culinary Capital of Texas with more than 7,500 restaurants and eating establishments covering 60+ cuisines.
Houston Community College does not discriminate on the bases of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran’s status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
David Cross, Director EEO/Compliance, Title IX Coordinator
Office of Institutional Equity
PO Box 667517
Houston TX, 77266
713 718.8271 or Institutional.Equity@hccs.edu
HCC values its employees and their contributions, promotes opportunities for their professional growth and development, and provides a positive working and learning environment that encourages diversity, innovation and creativity, and inclusion.
Individuals with disabilities, who require special accommodations to interview, should contact (713) 718-8565.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*