Job Title Lab Assistant-Child Development (South) Re-posted
Department Child Development
Position Type Full Time
Position Level (Faculty Only)
Salary Range $10.40-$13.59 Hourly pay
Pay Basis Annual
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist the CDEC instructors in preparing class and laboratory teaching aids.
2. Assist the CDEC students as directed by the instructors with the development of appropriate instructional materials and activities.
3.Provide a safe environment for the students and monitor CDEC resource room to ensure proper care and security of all materials and equipment.
4.Supervise student activities in the CDEC resource room.
5.Ensure that all teaching materials and equipment are available for class use.
6.Organize CDEC resource room by taking inventory of materials, supplies and equipment which are available for students and instructors.
7.Responsible for the checking out and checking in of materials and equipment, for CDEC students, in the CDEC resource room.
8.Under supervision of instructors, assist with the special needs of students.
9. Serve as a tutor for students enrolled in Child Development classes.
10. Provide information and/or data to the requesting officer so that the proper reports may be completed and filed with the proper educational agency, funding agency, or accrediting agency.
11. Follow the proper procedures for requesting instructional supplies, expendable supplies; and time sheets on a timely basis.
12. Support the recruitment activities of the college by participating in career days.
13. Assist and Participate in the preparation and ongoing updating of the catalog and the web page.
14. Promote the college’s programs and curricula.
15. Follow the academic calendar and other policies and procedures adopted by the Board of Trustees.
16. Maintain FERP A standards as applied to public institutions of higher learning.
17. Perform other duties assigned by the department chair, Senior Director of Workforce Education & South Campus, Senior Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs, and LC President.
Position Reports To Department Chair
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned by immediate supervisor. May be required to work outside regular working hours. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate in Applied Science Degree in Child Development or equivalent.
Minimum two years’ experience in working with young children from birth through age five.
Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must have knowledge of developmentally appropriate practice in early childhood programs serving children from birth through age five;
Must demonstrate creative/artistic ability for developing and assisting in the development of appropriate materials for young children as taught in all the child development courses;
Must have some computer knowledge;
Must be able to communicate in English and Spanish.
Must have effective communication skills;
Must be able to show initiative, have organizational skills and supervisory abilities;
Must be able to work cooperatively with others.
Must provide assistance to students;
Must monitor and ensure proper care and security of all Child Development resource materials and equipment.
Must be able to work outside regular working hours.
Must be able to travel to laboratory sites off campus.
Maintain good health.
Walking, standing, lifting, carrying, and bending.
May be required to lift items weighing 1-25
or 26-50 pounds.
Department Chair, Senior Director of Workforce Education & South Campus, Senior Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs, and LC President
Inside Work -in a well lighted and air conditioned area most of the time.
Required to work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Other duties may be assigned by immediate supervisor. May be required to work outside regular working hours. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to work at a different college work site or campus as needed.
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order 11246 and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Laredo Community College is open to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, or national origin who are otherwise eligible for admission as students. Furthermore, Laredo Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and no applicant or employee will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability or national origin. This institution will not enter knowingly into any contractual agreement for services or supplies with any firm failing to follow fair employment practices.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number 00162
Number of Vacancies 1
Open Date 09/14/2018
Close Date 09/28/2018
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please ensure that you remove/hide all personal information from any attachments that you upload into the system. This includes social security number and date of birth.