Postdoctoral Scholar - Research Associate
Seeking postdoctoral scholar research associate to join basic/translational cancer research laboratory focused on mechanisms of pancreatic and ovarian tumor progression. The successful candidate will have a PhD in a relevant field of biomedical science, but specific experience in cancer biology preferred, along with prior mouse models experience. Evidence of peer-reviewed publications during graduate work is required. This position will entail studying the role of NAD metabolism and the master stem cell regulator and drug target C-terminal binding protein in progression of pancreatic and ovarian cancers.
Job Functions/Responsibilities (bullet points or paragraph):
- Designs and conducts research experiments in accordance with laboratory and safety protocols.
- Performs assignments that are non-routine and vary in complexity with minimal direction.
- Compiles data and computes results for a variety of research procedures, tests, and techniques.
- Prepares experimental materials using laboratory protocols and safety guidelines.
- Sets up and operates standard laboratory equipment.
- Maintains accurate records of procedures used to conduct experiments.
- Performs analysis and provides interpretations of experimental data
- Participates in group meetings, seminars relevant to the laboratory area of focus
- Attends workshops or formal courses integral to the postdoctoral training experience
- Performs other duties as assigned
Preferred Education: PhD in a biomedical science
Preferred Experience: 0-1 years
Preferred Field of Expertise: cancer biology
The annual base salary range for this position is $62,400- $71,760. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.”
Minimum Education: Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate within previous five years Minimum Experience: 0-1 year Minimum Field of Expertise: Directly related education in research specialization with advanced knowledge of equipment, procedures and analysis methods.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*