Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Full Job Description
The CFO is a member of the TCR executive leadership team, reporting to the President/CEO, ensuring an alignment between the TCR mission, strategic/operational plan and fiscal management at TCR. The CFO works closely with the President/CEO and the Leadership Team to manage and direct all aspects of the financial functions of the organization. The CFO is responsible for the overall financial leadership of the organization including budget development and monitoring; grant compliance; development strategies; cost management; accounting and payroll functions; investment and cash management; reporting and coordination of the annual audit and 990 preparation in compliance with the generally accepted accounting practices and policies of Twin Cities R!SE.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop and manage all accounting and financial systems, policies, and practices.
· Produce monthly financial statements and forecasts.
· Report on grant expenditures and ensure compliance with all governmental grant reporting requirements.
· Oversee all internal and external audits ensuring that preparations are completed on time and the organization’s financial position is accurately and fairly presented by the auditor’s reports.
· File annual 990 reports, MN Charitable Organization Annual Report, and registration with MN Secretary of State.
· Oversee the payroll functions and develop processes and procedures to ensure employees are paid in a timely manner and all payroll reports including quarterly Form 941, Annual Form 1099 and W-2 filings are compliant with all rules and regulations.
· Create and maintain appropriate cost allocations.
· Negotiate contracts and other agreements with external vendors.
· Select, implement, and maintain organization financial software package.
· Develop and manage relationships with key financial partners including banking, legal, payroll and insurance.
· Recommend and maintain all appropriate organizational insurance coverage.
· Serve as lead staff person for the Board’s Finance Committee, providing information and support for meetings.
· Attend and support the Treasurer in reporting financial results at quarterly Board meetings.
· Serve as a member of the Twin Cities R!SE Leadership Team and participate in weekly meetings.
Budget and Forecasting
· Work closely with the President/CEO and the Leadership Team to create and maintain the annual budget.
· Develop and maintain short and long-term financial forecasts based on the strategic plan and actual performance.
· Prepare and routinely update cash flow analyses.
· Conduct monthly meetings with Department leaders to review and monitor actual performance in comparison to budget goals. Recommend changes as needed.
· Prepare specific grant related budgets, reports and billings.
· Manage cash and investments for operating and capital campaigns.
· Manage in collaboration with IT & HR all expenditures relating to leases for facilities and equipment.
· Recruit, hire and supervise Staff Accountant(s).
· Ensure all job functions are executed correctly and in a timely fashion.
· Establish and clearly communicate performance expectations and delegate effectively.
· Provide ongoing coaching, training, support, and an atmosphere for open communication.
· Conduct timely performance and salary reviews.
· Provide back-up for Accountants’ direct responsibilities, including bi-weekly payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivables and cash receipts.
· Staff Accountant
Minimum Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting strongly preferred. CPA and/or advanced degree desirable.
· At least seven years progressively responsible positions in finance required, preferably with a nonprofit organization with a budget of at least $3 million.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures, accounting trends, and legal changes to comply with regulations.
· Knowledge of internal control procedures to safeguard assets.
· Knowledge and understanding of accounting and financial audit practices.
· Knowledge of nonprofit accounting, including fund and grant accounting, compliance, and reporting.
· Extensive knowledge of 2 CFR, Uniform Guidance, FASB, GAAP, and State of Minnesota grant reporting requirements.
· Knowledge of applicable laws, codes, and regulations.
· Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, and financial reporting tools.
· Care deeply about the social and economic issues addressed by TCR.
· Proven ability at building trusted relationships with co-workers and business partners.
· Deal comfortably and effectively with all levels of management and board members.
· Ability to manage priorities to ensure work is completed in a timely and productive manner.
· Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively in oral and written communication on an interpersonal or group level, including effective listening and relationship building skills.
· Ability to work with a positive outlook in a changing environment, quickly adjusting key priorities in response to the ever-changing dynamics of the organization.
· High degree of confidentiality, diplomacy, discretion, and tact.
· Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to achieve results both individually and working with others.
· Knowledge of, and ability to employ, leadership skills to direct, supervise and coach staff.
· Clearly articulates goals and expectations, relating them to the organizational mission and direction.
Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation:
· Physical Demands:
o Ability to use a PC/laptop, requiring repetitive motion of fingers, hands, and wrists.
o Required to occasionally move about in an office environment to access file cabinets, printers, etc., and remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
o Ability to lift light materials and equipment in the typical office environment (up to 15 lbs.).
· Willingness to be flexible with work hours to accommodate the needs of the organization.
· Travel requirements: N/A
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Minneapolis, MN 55411: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Minneapolis, MN 55411
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*