SCOPE OF WORK: Serves as the Director of Admissions responsible for planning, developing, implementing and managing the recruitment, admissions, and enrollment management systems and operations. These services including recruiting, customer service, academic and career assessment, admissions counseling, student orientation, general admissions information, and student support services. This position reports to the Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs at River Valley Community College.
- Manages college-wide admissions and enrollment, including establishment and achievement of recruitment, enrollment objectives; develops and administers an admissions system which identifies and tracks prospective students, provides them with appropriate information, and expedites their completion of the admissions process for all college programs – day or evening, credit; provides assessment of incoming students for academic placement; coordinates print and non-print recruitment advertising.
- Provides information and academic and career counseling to prospective, entering and continuing students regarding a wide range of topics including admissions procedures, course scheduling, registration, financial aid, course placement assessment, and certificate/diploma/degree requirements.
- Participates in the development and implementation of enrollment management activities; assists international students with understanding the process of obtaining student visa.
- Establishes policies and procedures for the administration of enrollment management programs and compiles admissions and enrollment data for report generation as required by management.
- Supervises and evaluates professional and para-professional staff assigned to admissions; provides appropriate training to all personnel assigned to student services, including faculty/staff who function in advisory role for college activities. Manages One Stop desk.
- Develops, manages and implements the communication plan and recruitment strategy plan for the college.
- Coordinates records and student information with other campus offices such as the Registrar, Financial Aid, etc., and maintains records and information, as appropriate; responsible for effective use of student information database for purposes of effective enrollment planning and management.
- Coordinates and integrates admissions, student services, registration and financial aid as coherent aspects of quality customer service; provides essential student services in area of career counseling that will attract and retain qualified students; assists in planning and delivery of appropriate orientation sessions for students.
- Assists in developing and implementing recruitment activities and programs at all campus locations.
- Serves on campus or system committees and teams.
- Complies with all system, college, state and federal rules and regulations including, but not limited to health and safety policies, the State of NH Policy on Sexual Harassment, Administrative rules, Civil Rights and Laws, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Master’s degree from a recognized college or university with major study in higher education, administration, guidance counseling, education, marketing, business administration or related field. Each additional year of approved formal education may be substituted for one year of required work experience.
Experience: Five years’ experience in recruiting, admissions and counseling of students within an education institution.
License/Certification: Valid driver’s license or access to state-wide transportation.
RECOMMENDED WORK TRAITS: Considerable knowledge of admissions functions, counseling principles and techniques. Considerable knowledge of learning behavior, and emotional patterns of adults. Knowledge of statistical analysis techniques. Ability to maintain rapport with students, faculty and staff. Ability to prepare reports. Ability to instruct students, faculty and staff concerning database use, counseling techniques, leadership roles, and human relations. Must be willing to maintain appearance appropriate to assigned duties and responsibilities as determined by the agency appointing authority.
The supplemental job description lists typical examples of work and is not intended to include every job and responsibility specific to a position. An employee may be required to perform other related duties not listed on the supplemental job description provided that such duties are characteristic of that classification.
If you require more information about this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org