The Israel Tennis Centers’ mission is to give every child in Israel the opportunity to learn values and life skills through tennis and other comprehensive social services. We provide community outreach programs and services for children from all backgrounds to receive equal opportunities to excel in life. For the pride of Israel, we promote and develop world-class tennis players.The US operation of the Israel Tennis Centers Foundation is the national marketing fundraising arm that promotes the Israel Tennis Centers in the US and develops its community of supporters.
Title: Associate Director of Development, Southeast Region (Deerfield Beach, FL)
Reporting to: Vice President for Development
The associate director of development is responsible for working with the Vice President for Development on all components of an integrated, annual fundraising campaign including planning, organizing and implementation of events, managing a portfolio of donors, expanding donor base in the Southeastern region and staffing a Southeast Regional board.
1. Responsibility for organizing fundraising exhibitions in Florida under the supervision of the VP of Development. Includes:
• Preparation of Event Collateral in written & email form including save the dates, invitations, posters, advertisements, drafting letters
• Working with event committees
• Arranging catering details for events with vendors
• Supervising Packing & shipping of event materials to locations
• Follow up after events
2. Participate in all fundraising activities including exhibitions, parlor meetings, committee meetings and special events in South Florida and selected events around the country
3. Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward new prospects and follow up with existing donors who contribute via direct mail and online campaigns, as well as those who participate in various events with the goal of increasing their support to the Major Gifts level.
4. Take the lead in establishing a Florida Regional Board with younger donors in the communities, in the 40 to 50-year range to train and develop the next generation of ITC Foundation board leadership in Florida.
5. Contact major synagogues in area where ITC has had mitzvah projects o speak with incoming classes of Bnai Mitzvah kids and promote mitzvah projects
6. Organize events for parents of mitzvah projects and kids for follow up and continued involvement in the centers
7. Fundraising target goal of a minimum $150,000 in the first year
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree Required
• 5-7 years of related experience required.
• Familiarity with Raisers Edge a plus.
• Experience in direct solicitation
• Superior writing skills to craft compelling proposals and effective acknowledgments
• Strong interpersonal and verbal communications skills
• Ability to think strategically and maintain focus while working on multiple projects and managing a diverse portfolio of qualified prospect/donors.
• Computer literacy and a commitment to maintaining the integrity of a central database a must.
• Public Speaking experience a must.
• Ability to travel with some overnight stays required.
• Familiarity with Israel-based philanthropy is a plus.
• Hebrew speaker is a plus.
• Demonstrated campaign experience including face-to-face solicitation, event planning, corporate sponsorship, innovative campaigns and experience with affiliate groups such as Young Leadership and professional affinities.
• Must be able to engage directly with donors and prospective donors. Sophisticated, astute, outgoing individual able to engage and communicate directly with prospects and donors with believable passion and sensitivity to the organization’s mission.
• Demonstrated ability to build a viable network of donors or investors in order to achieve YOY increases in revenue.
• Creative self-starter with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
• Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team, regardless of the task at hand.
• Takes independent actions and calculated risks, looks for and takes advantage of opportunities, solicits feedback to improve processes or actions.
• Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods in guiding individuals or groups.
• Demonstrates stability of performance of under pressure and/or opposition. Ability to cope with uncertainty, change and performance demands.
• Anticipates long-term opportunities and incorporates them into tangible day to day activities.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
This position offers the opportunity to work with a superb global professional team in the US, Israel and Canada who are passionate about helping the children of Israel excel in life through tennis and beyond.