||2017-2018 Part-Time Faculty Interest Pool - Dental Assisting / Dental Hygiene
||12000 SW 49th Avenue, Portland, OR
|Hours of Work
|If Other, Please Specify
||Based on course assignment
||Part time Faculty
|Starting Salary Range
||2017-18 Hourly Rates: Lecture $59.08; Lab $43.72; Lecture/Lab $47.56 [All newly hired part-time Faculty will start at Step 1]
|Job Close Date
||Applications in this Faculty Interest Pool will be reviewed monthly by the Departments
||This is NOT an announcement of a specific open position, but a Part-Time Faculty Interest Pool, from which the department will identify applicants based on course assignment needs during the Spring 2018 and Fall 2018 academic terms.
Portland Community College is accepting applications to be considered for Part-Time Faculty assignments in the Dental Program at the Sylvania Campus.
The department will review new applications on a monthly basis.
If this sounds like a learning community that you would like to be a part of, and you would like to be considered for a part-time faculty role at PCC, please review the minimum qualifications and submit your application today.
Notes to Applicants:
- Copies of Official Transcripts are required within 2 weeks of an offer of employment for accreditation. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for the application process.
- These positions are included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Faculty Federation Employees. Employment in these positions will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction.
- Full term pay rate may vary by course. Actual term pay is based on the course catalog contact hours multiplied by the appropriate hourly rate.
||Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruct students, using approved course outcome guides developed by college-wide subject area Faculty.
- Assess and grade student achievement of learning outcomes.
- Use student feedback to improve teaching.
- Be available for a reasonable amount of student contact to respond to questions and to resolve problems related to the course through time spent before or after class or through telephone or e-mail exchanges or office hours where facilities and schedules permit.
- Attend one staff meeting per term as directed by the College and when notified by the Division Dean.
- Provide additional hours of course-related student conferences or tutoring over and above classroom instruction when courses are designated as requiring such.
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements:
Instructor must have current CDA (Certified Dental Assistant), Oregon Radiology Proficiency, Oregon EFDA and Sealant Certificates; Bachelor's Degree required; Clinical Experience of 5 years in a FT position either as a general chair-side assistant or as a dental assisting instructor. A dental hygiene license or dentist license could substitute for the dental assisting certificates.
- Bachelor's Degree and 3 years of dental hygiene experience
|Additional Posting Information
||To apply to be considered for a possible Part-Time Faculty position in this department, please provide the following:
1) Completed online application
Be sure to indicate clearly how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications in the employment history to ensure this experience is taken into consideration.
2) Current Resume/Vita (*Attach)
3) Unofficial Transcripts for each of your degrees (Includes current PCC employees) (*Attach)
Transcripts need to include the title of the degree earned and the date that the degree was conferred and the Name of the Institution.
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Notes to Applicants:
- Copies of Official Transcripts are required with 2 weeks of an offer of employment for accreditation. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for the application process.
- All transcripts from institutions outside of the U.S. are required to include an evaluation by a U.S. credential evaluation agency (copy and paste the link http://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/faculty-information.html into another browser window for specific instructions).
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- Incomplete application packets may not be considered.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, veterans, disabled veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
|Documents that must be associated with this posting
|Documents which can be associated with this posting
|Full Time/Part Time
|PCC Employees Only?