Dean of Health Sciences
Blue Bell, PA
Montgomery County Community College invites applications for a Dean of Health Sciences. The Dean of Health Sciences provides leadership for division that includes all Health Sciences related programs including Dental Hygiene, Exercise Science and Wellness, Medical Assisting, Medical Coding, Medical Laboratory Technician, Nursing, Phlebotomy, Physical Therapist Assistant, Public Health, Radiography, and Surgical Technology. The Dean provides visionary leadership while supporting students and faculty in meeting the College’s student success, transfer, and workforce development goals. The Dean is an important liaison for the College with specialized accreditation agencies, community partners, private funders, grant agencies, university leaders and K-12 educators for enhancing and creating essential partnerships and opportunities that support student success, transfer preparedness, workplace readiness and job placement, and to secure alternative funding for College initiatives. The Dean integrates credit and noncredit workforce programs of the College providing students with clear pathways to meet their career goals. The Dean contributes to the development of the College’s strong online course and program environment and also works to strengthen credit and noncredit program planning and assessment efforts. This position has college-wide responsibilities that require travel between campuses and to offsite locations.
*This position requires the PA Child Abuse, PA State Police and FBI Fingerprinting clearance.
**This position has college-wide responsibilities that require travel between campuses and to offsite locations. The primary office location is the Blue Bell campus.
- Master’s degree in discipline reflective of current, new, or prospective division programming required; doctorate preferred.
- Hold in good standing current or be eligible for Pennsylvania license/certification/registry in the professional discipline, if required by the profession and state.
- Demonstrated success with programmatic and/or regional accreditation.
- Minimum 3 years teaching experience in higher education, preferably at a community college
- Minimum 3 years administrative/leadership experience, preferably at a community college
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, problem solving abilities, and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Experience or aptitude for working with representatives from external constituencies and agencies in the identification of general education and/or occupational programming to meet the needs of the College and community
- Demonstrated interest in working with K-12 educators to foster and design cooperative programs between the College and high schools
- Ability to assimilate data to inform decision making and organize presentations to individuals and groups
- Experience in long-range planning, program and outcomes assessment and a willingness to work within the College’s strategic plan, Academic Affairs Strategic Plan, and quality improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and learning in and out of the classroom
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise and manage all levels of personnel
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies as tools for teaching, learning and administering
- Experience in grant and philanthropic acquisition, management, and reporting
- Demonstrated understanding of and appreciation for developmental education, workforce development, and service learning
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Colleague, including Internet, email, database, spreadsheet, word processing and presentation experience preferred.
Montgomery County Community College offers a comprehensive curriculum of more than 100 degree and certificate programs, a Virtual Campus, a Culinary Arts Institute, a Municipal Police Academy, and specialized workforce development programs, all of which leverage the College’s nationally ranked use of innovative technology. An Achieving the Dream (AtD) Leader College, the institution is positioned at the vanguard of national efforts to increase completion, improve learning outcomes, and remove barriers to access for more than 24,000 students annually. The College is also recognized regionally and nationally for its sustainability leadership, work with military veterans, and community service and service learning opportunities. Montgomery County Community College was recognized by NISOD and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education as one of nine “2016 Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges.” Visit mc3.edu or join us on Twitter @mccc.
For the complete job description and to apply for this position, please visit http://www.mc3.edu/career-opportunities. The closing date for applications is 3/18/18.
Montgomery County Community College (MCCC) has a strong institutional commitment to diversity and is dedicated to excellence through diversity in education and employment. MCCC, an EEO Employer, provides equal employment and educational opportunities to all who are qualified. In keeping with the College’s diversity initiative, MCCC seeks and welcomes applications from diverse candidates, those who have had multicultural experience, and those who can demonstrate a commitment to diversity.