Director, Community Relations and Programs
Director, Community Relations and Programs
Full Job Description
About Atlantic Housing Foundation:
Atlantic Housing Foundation (AHF), Inc. is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit affordable housing provider. Founded in 1999, we currently own and operate over 10,000 units of multifamily properties in 6 states and 37 cities. In addition to HUD HAP and LIHTC properties, Atlantic Housing owns and operates affordable housing, mixed-income multifamily assets, student housing and senior housing.
The mission of Atlantic Housing Foundation, Inc. is to promote and preserve quality affordable housing and related services for low and moderate income families, helping residents improve their lives. We will do this in a manner that will foster the continuous improvement of our people and our company. We strive to be a top performing, thoroughly professional and genuinely caring organization in all that we do. As an organization, we aspire to and believe in - Making a difference.
Why Should You Apply?
- You believe in the AHF mission and core values
- You are the best at what you do
- You meet the qualifications below
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Hybrid work environment
- 32 hours of Volunteer time off (VTO)
- 11 Paid Company Holidays
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and supplemental health insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- On-site gym, game room, and meditation/relaxation room
- Fun environment & family-like work culture
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director, Community Relations & Programs oversees the community services and charitable activities of our multifamily properties. This position is responsible for the day-to-day coordination of all community services including developing and advising on-site activities as they fostering partnerships with local third-party community service providers, as well as overseeing AHF’s scholarship programs. This position will also be responsible for community relations, communications & marketing, and branding (external & internal) of the AHF mission.
As a 501(C)3 not-for-profit corporation, AHF’s primary purpose is to:
- Foster, support, acquire, construct, rehabilitate and operate quality Affordable Housing for low-income persons, families, as well as senior housing;
- Provide, acquire, construct, rehabilitate and/or operate Student Housing; and
- Provide scholarships for economically disadvantaged students to enable them to find their way out of subsidized housing through educational opportunities.
- Create and implement proactive strategies to meet AHF’s community relations & programs objectives.
- Train, develop, and coach direct reports
- Provide training support and resources for the Community Engagement Associate (CEA) program
o CEAs are on-site employees who partner with local community vendors to administer resident services and they also report directly to on-site Community Managers
- Develop program and guidelines for CEA program across AHF properties.
- Train and motivate on-site teams in the promotion of the AHF Mission.
- Promote awareness of AHF programs and activities among our residents, and the broader community, including through local and national media outlets.
- Proactively develop community awareness and strategic relationships with appropriate community groups, leaders, agencies and government organizations.
- Develop and publish a monthly newsletter highlighting our community service initiatives and other milestones.
- Review and monitor effectiveness of the community service program performance, prepare analysis of findings and propose recommendations for improvement.
- Provide oversight for all scholarship programs; meet with local boards of trustees, ensure compliance, recruit and evaluate candidates and monitor results.
- Identify, develop and promote partnership opportunities with other community service providers.
- Identify community programs from federal, state and local governments, as well as from private and corporate foundations.
- 7-10 years of experience in the following areas: community services and program development and development and maintenance of not-for-profit partnerships (including all relevant marketing and community outreach).
- 2+ years’ experience performing similar duties within multifamily environment highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and expansion of community service programs.
- Effective relationship-building skills and experience in creating and maintaining collaborative partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute solutions to complex issues/transactions using a project management approach.
- Demonstrable experience of leading and partnering with C-suite executive team members and Board of Directors.
- Proven ability to effectively convey complex ideas and programs to persuade, motivate, and influence partners and stakeholders.
- Computer proficiency for internet research, typing and reporting, including knowledge of Google Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Can demonstrate high proficiency navigating and marketing within various social media outlets.
- Approximately up to 30% travel required.
- Dedicated to the mission of Atlantic Housing Foundation
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable meeting deadlines and prioritizing work requirements within a fast-paced environment
- Have fun and good sense of humor
- Enjoys working in a collaborative, dynamic environment
- High attention to detail to ensure that work product is accurate and complete
- Solve problems independently and work well within a team setting
- Initiate new ideas to streamline routine tasks
- Accept responsibility for new projects and see them through completion
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*