Lake Tahoe Community College District is accepting applications for Child Development Center Teacher's Aides. These part-time (27.5 hours a week) positions would report to the Director of Child Development Programs and assist in the planning and implementation of developmental curriculum for children in infant, toddler, and/or preschool classrooms. This position would also assist in the use and maintenance of equipment, materials and facility.
- Assist in the incorporation of good health and safety standards of the children.
- Assist children in learning self-help skills; providing for the physical care of the children, including but not limited to changing, diapering, feeding, and comforting as needed.
- Assist in preparation of snacks and meals, as needed; helping to maintain an orderly environment.
- Inform the supervisor when materials and nutrition supplies are needed.
- Attend and participate in staff and parent meetings and events.
- Assist in the maintenance of records and reports.
- Assist the children if an emergency occurs and be part of the emergency readiness team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Formal or informal education or training that ensures the ability to successfully performance the necessary functions of the position.