Reports to: President/CEO
Direct Reports: Full Time Grants Manager, Full Time Special Events & Sponsorship Manager, and Full Time Development Associate, and Part Time Donor Database Specialist
Position Status: Exempt
Job Summary: Butterfly Pavilion, a non-profit organization and one-of-a-kind educational venue, is seeking a Vice President of Fund Development. The Vice President of Fund Development is responsible for planning, developing and maintaining a comprehensive fund raising program on behalf of Butterfly Pavilion, and to enhance the long-term mission and vision established by Butterfly Pavilion’s Executive Team. The Vice President of Fund Development staffs the Executive Team and coordinates the efforts of other appropriate staff and board committees at the invitation of the President and CEO. This position will also manage asset development, including fundraising, donor services, and gift recognition. This position may also be responsible for marketing and public relations as it relates to fund development, in conjunction with the Marketing department.
- Oversee the successful deployment of all unearned income revenue generating programs from preparation of plans, preparation of proposals and donor cultivation, to donor recordkeeping, solicitation, donor recognition and follow through. This includes all sources; individual, corporate, foundation and government grants, as well as planned giving.
- Orchestrate fund development strategies through goal setting, strategic planning, and communication of progress, keeping with organizations mission, vision, and goals.
- Oversee the identification, cultivation and solicitation of Corporate/Foundation gifts and pledges; and assist in planning and coordinating any annual giving programs associated with matching gifts, etc.
- Support and partner with the Executive Team and Board of Directors on all major fundraising initiatives.
- Overall campaign management and organization including pipelines, prospect tracking, strategy, task assignment and maintenance of timelines.
- Work as a team with the Marketing department to identify marketing strategies and compile information for the Annual Report.
- Monitor all donor information, provide and present statistical analysis to Senior Leadership Team and Board of Directors.
- Work collaboratively with staff members to identify avenues of support for programs/projects.
- Aggressively seeks new corporate/foundation funding sources and maintains relationships with current/past donors of all levels of giving, including major giving (over $1 million). Represent Butterfly Pavilion in meetings with potential funding sources.
- Actively work with the Executive Team to develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include corporate, foundations, government grants, etc.
- Maintains ongoing contact with Butterfly Pavilion's staff regarding programs and plans.
- Examines ways of packaging and marketing Butterfly Pavilion programs to philanthropic supporters.
- Coordinate and supervise the acknowledgement process for all gifts and grants. Oversees donor recognition efforts including those for gallery naming, onsite recognition, annual report recognition to ensure that all who give to the Butterfly Pavilion are part of a well appreciated family of donors/members. Work to create deeper ties with donors.
- Other duties as assigned
- Vice President of Fund Development manages all employees within Fund Development department and is responsible for employee lifecycle (hire, inspire, coach, develop, and reward). Including the CSB performance management, coaching, development, and hiring of the employees.
- This position will also be a managerial liaison for other staff members and visitors when necessary.
- Regular attendance to organization, branch and department staff meetings and trainings, including Board of Directors and Board Committee meetings.
- Capital Campaign/Coordination
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Experience
- 10-plus years of professional experience in a nonprofit organization; demonstrated success in a development function (managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources)
- Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives
- Ability to work independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within Butterfly Pavilion
- Bachelor's Degree required in fundraising related field (Business, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or English). Master's degree in planning, finance, or nonprofit management preferred.
- Proven track record in fund development and managing success with donors and corporate sponsorships.
- Five (5) or more years of successful staff management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in annual giving, major gifts, capital campaigns, memberships and planned giving.
- Bilingual preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Decision making
- Resource generation
- Financial/fiscal management
- Strategic thinking
- Conflict resolution
- Analytical thinking
- Business acumen
- Builds relationships
Expected salary range for this position is $85,000-$90,000 per year, plus bonuses. Regular work schedule is Monday through Friday, with some holidays/weekends.
No phone calls or drop in’s please. Please submit a Resume and Cover Letter. Applications that do not contain a Cover Letter will not be considered.
Apply via link: https://butterflies.applicantpro.com/jobs/633490-20970.html