Development Corporate and Foundation Relations Director (Institutional Advancement)
Job ID: 17208
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Development Corporate and Foundation Relations Director reports to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement at Hunter College and will design, implement, and manage a comprehensive plan, which is focused on obtaining corporate and foundation support for Hunter College. To accomplish this, the position will undertake the following tasks and initiatives:
- Develop and implement strategies for identifying new prospects.
- Identify funding opportunities provided by private foundations.
- Conduct stewardship and cultivation activities in order to strengthen relationships with current and prospective donors.
- Provide prospect research in order to identify, analyze and cultivate prospective donors.
- Monitor and evaluate progress towards set goals and initiatives.
- Manage the quality of the data in Raiser’s Edge.
- Oversee a team of junior development officers.
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' related experience required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
- Directs College corporate and foundation relations strategy and operations.
- Designs, develops and oversees strategic program to secure corporate and foundation funding for various College initiatives
- Responsible for meeting specific goals and targets
- Develops funding strategies, assesses outcome of strategic plan, and refines approaches to meet priority objectives
- Oversees a portfolio of corporate and foundation donors to establish and sustain ongoing relations; cultivates new prospects
- Maintains relationships with sponsoring organizations to promote and maintain funding
- Ensures reporting requirements are completed in timely and accurate manner
- May develop proposals for institutional, academic, and arts grants
- Manages professional and clerical staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin August 23, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.