||Training Coordinator, Law Enforcement Training Academy (LETA)
||The Odessa College Law Enforcement Academy Training Coordinator provides oversight and instruction for the operation of the Odessa College Law Enforcement Academy. Responsibilities will include overseeing the successful operation of the law enforcement academy; overseeing an administrative assistant and adjunct faculty who teach for the law enforcement academy; coordinating, evaluating and improving curricula and delivery of curriculum to students; collaborate with other divisions on campus to improve student outcomes; work effectively with community partners; work effectively with TCOLE.
||Bachelor's Degree in Law Enforcement, Criminal Justice, or related field from an accredited institution and related work experience. 2 years of teaching experience. Have a valid TCOLE Instructor license or certificate.
||Master Degree in Law Enforcement, Criminal Justice, or related field from an accredited institution.
|Specific Position Duties:
||1. Supervises law enforcement training academy personnel;
2. Follows general instructions as expressed in the faculty handbook, college policy statements, and routine instructions of the college leadership;
3. Anticipate problems and engage in routine problem solving activities;
4. Make every effort to support the mission statement of the college and the associated goals and objectives of his/her department;
5. Develop curriculum and scheduling for the law enforcement academy;
6. Develop strategies for recruiting, marketing, and outreach for the law enforcement academy;
7. Plan and implement graduation programs for law enforcement certificate recipients and for the police academy graduates;
9. Liaison with appropriate State agencies responsible for law enforcement education and training, to include the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Education (TCOLE);
10. Coordinate the activities of the Law Enforcement Training Academy Advisory Board;
11. Coordinate with Odessa College administration, staff, and faculty regarding associated programs and related administrative matters;
12. Prepare, maintain, and administer the Law Enforcement Training Academy budget(s);
13. Develop, review and revise policies and procedures which relate to the administration of the law enforcement training academy as necessary;
14. Coordinate sensitive background investigations (criminal history checks) of candidates for police academy programs;
15. Manage the administrative and logistical matters relating to the law enforcement training academy, including but not limited to, the facilities, equipment, and personnel within the training coordinator's area of responsibility;
16. Maintain security and accountability of safety sensitive equipment and other inventory, to include vehicles, firearms, ammunition and personal information relating to students and faculty;
17. Collaborate with the Continuing Education Department to offer law enforcement continuing education instruction and programming;
18. Work with service area law enforcement agencies to provide requested training;
19. Prepare students for the police profession by continually evaluating the needs of the police community;
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
||Varied according to schedule.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
|Required Applicant Documents:
Unofficial Transcript 1
|Optional Applicant Documents:
||Unofficial Transcript 2
Unofficial Transcript 3
|Quicklink for Posting: