||Hourly Pool - OMT Lab Assistant
||705 N Killingsworth Street, Portland, OR
|Hours of Work
|If Other, Please Specify
|Starting Salary Range
||Pay Range: $13.53 - $24.95 per hour
|Job Close Date
||Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
||This Hourly Hiring Pool represents current or potential hourly non-benefited job openings in this employment category. There is no guarantee of employment from this hiring pool. Positions are not benefited. Hours and schedules vary.
Technical Assistant Level III - Casual Employment.
Wage will be determined based on qualifications (education and credentialing) and experience.
||- Follow federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) regulatory protocols involving student information and records
- Follow Portland Community College's rules and policies for maintain laboratory space on campus
- Follow the Occupational Safety and Health Administration's (OSHA) policies and procedures
- Maintain safety and integrity of the laboratory environment and report any injuries or unsafe behaviors
- Provide feedback on course or program development and / or enhancement
- Schedule and coordinate skill evaluations with independent evaluators in the community to measure student skills
- Support students by assessing performance of clinical skills and offering guidance, suggestions, encouragement and constructive feedback
- Evaluate and grade student pre-lab workbooks, laboratory assignments and work product
- Support faculty by restocking laboratory supplies and inventory
- Be present for lab equipment repairs when requested, report equipment issues to director as needed
- Promote professionalism by modeling such behaviors inside and outside the classroom or clinical lab setting
- Professional conduct includes; punctuality, approachable demeanor, positive attitude, treat faculty and students with dignity and respect
- Create a supportive environment for student learning and engagement
- Provide a positive and enthusiastic attitude towards the learning environment
- Identify at risk students; provide extra support, guidance, and attention
- Strong oral and written communication is essential
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to work in collaboration with others
Qualified applicants must possess one of the following credentials; COT, COMT, OD, MD
Five years of Ophthalmic Medical Technology clinic experience.
The employee can work up to 599 hours per fiscal year.
Duties require independent actions, use of judgment and specific knowledge or experience in a technical specialty (generally requiring two years experience in the specialty or comparable training/education). Work is performed under general supervision.
Some responsibility for design and planning and/or directing the work of others performing similar tasks. Also represents the work of highly technical positions requiring more extensive technical knowledge and containing a higher level of complexity.
Associates degree or higher
Experience working as an Ophthalmic Medical Technician
|Additional Posting Information
||To apply for this hiring pool you must submit:
1. Completed online application (required - be sure to complete all sections)
2. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
- Applicants must meet the basic requirements for employment in any hourly pool position. An hourly employee may work up to 599 hours per fiscal year (July 1 - June 30) in an individual hourly job. With some restrictions, hourly employees may hold more than one hourly job at the college. There are no benefits.
- Hours vary and are set by the department.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
|Documents that must be associated with this posting
|Documents which can be associated with this posting
|Full Time/Part Time
|PCC Employees Only?