||Hourly Pool - Clinical Laboratory Assistant
||Other (Specify Below)
||241 SW Edgeway Dr - Beaverton, OR 97006
|Hours of Work
|If Other, Please Specify
||Morning lab: 9:00-11:50 am, or Afternoon lab: 1:00-3:50 pm
|Starting Salary Range
||Pay Range: $13.53 - $24.95 per hour
|Job Close Date
||Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
||This Hourly Hiring Pool represents current or potential hourly non-benefited job openings in this employment category. There is no guarantee of employment from this hiring pool. Positions are not benefited. Hours and schedules vary.
Technical Assistant Level III - Casual Employment.
Wage will be determined based on qualifications (education and credentialing) and experience.
||- Individuals will be working in a clinical lab setting with needles / syringes / laboratory equipment
- Follow federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) regulatory protocols involving student information and records
- Follow Portland Community College's rules and policies for maintain laboratory space on campus
- Follow the Occupational Safety and Health Administration's (OSHA) policies and procedures
- Maintain safety and integrity of the laboratory environment and report any injuries or unsafe behaviors
- Provide feedback on course or program development and / or enhancement
- Evaluate and grade student pre-lab workbooks, laboratory assignments and work product
- Support faculty by restocking laboratory supplies and inventory
- Promote professionalism by modeling such behaviors inside and outside the classroom or clinical lab setting
- Professional conduct includes; punctuality, approachable demeanor, positive attitude, treat faculty and students with dignity and respect
- Create a supportive environment for student learning and engagement
- Provide a positive and enthusiastic attitude towards the learning environment
- Support students by assessing performance of clinical skills and offering guidance, suggestions, encouragement and constructive feedback
- Identify at risk students; provide extra support, guidance, and attention
- Ability to work in collaboration with others
Qualified applicants must possess one of the following Medical Assisting credentials; CMA (AAMA), RMA (AMT),
NCMA (NCCT), CCMA (NHA) and
Three years of Medical Assisting experience or more in ambulatory care
The employee can work up to 599 hours per fiscal year.
Duties require independent actions, use of judgment and specific knowledge or experience in a technical specialty (generally requiring two years experience in the specialty or comparable training/education). Work is performed under general supervision.
Some responsibility for design and planning and/or directing the work of others performing similar tasks. Also represents the work of highly technical positions requiring more extensive technical knowledge and containing a higher level of complexity.
Associates degree or higher
Experience working as a Medical Assistant in a PCMH ambulatory care facility
Management or supervisory experience
Experience in Primary Care or Internal Medicine
|Additional Posting Information
||To apply for this hiring pool you must submit:
1. Completed online application (required - be sure to complete all sections)
2. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
- Applicants must meet the basic requirements for employment in any hourly pool position. An hourly employee may work up to 599 hours per fiscal year (July 1 - June 30) in an individual hourly job. With some restrictions, hourly employees may hold more than one hourly job at the college. There are no benefits.
- Hours vary and are set by the department.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
|Documents that must be associated with this posting
|Documents which can be associated with this posting
|Full Time/Part Time
|PCC Employees Only?