Ozarka College seeks applicants for a full time Faculty of Biological Sciences. The position is a 9-month full-time faculty position requiring a minimum 15 hours of instruction per semester beginning in the Fall semester of 2017 .
The successful applicant will be expected to provide instruction in a full range of freshman and sophomore courses including, but not limited to, General Biology, Anatomy and Physiology, Body Structure and Function, and Microbiology. This position will be based at the Main Ozarka College Campus in Melbourne but may include teaching assignments at the Ash Flat, Mountain View or Mammoth Spring campuses, as well as day, evening, and online classes. Other duties include: participation in departmental activities, institutional committee assignment, advising, assessment, and appropriate professional development activities relevant for the position.
- Master's Degree in Biology, Environmental Science, or a related field with 18 hours of graduate levels coursework in Biology
- Some formal teaching experience
- Interest and commitment to undergraduate education
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work effectively will college committees, campus organizations, and other educational institutions and to be involved in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities
- Understand the advantages and challenges for developing a quality Science program in a rural community college
- Able to design goals and assess learning outcomes
- Experience and interest in utilizing technology for instructional delivery and online courses
- Two or more years of experience teaching in Higher Education
- Experience in developing new courses and laboratory exercises
- Proven experience with and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of working, commuting, and other non-traditional community college students
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled. Review of applications will begin June 5, 2017.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. To apply, submit detailed letter of application, an Ozarka Employment Application, resume, unofficial copies of transcripts, and names, addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references to:
Office of Human Resources
P. O. Box 10
Melbourne, AR 72556
870)368-2002/ Fax (870)368-2094
Ozarka College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.