1. English grammar, spelling, punctuation, vocabulary, and sentence structure.
2. Microsoft Office including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
3. Organizational skills and common office practices and procedures.
4. Modern office equipment and procedures, and ability to use with speed and accuracy in a variety of equipment, including copier/scanner/printer, calculator, and computer for word processing, recordkeeping, data entry, and other typical office functions.
5. Business correspondence format.
6. Basic Math, including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of whole numbers, decimals and fractions.
7. Work under pressure of deadlines and adjust to changes in workload, assignments, priorities and policies.
8. Maintain multiple Outlook calendars.
9. Type at a net corrected speed of 50 words per minute.
10. Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people from a variety of backgrounds displaying tact, patience and judgment.
11. Proofread for and correct spelling, grammatical and typographical errors.
12. Read different styles of handwriting.
13. Retain and recall information.
14. Copy accurately from source materials.
15. Collect and compile information from various sources.
16. Read, understand, interpret and apply policies, procedures, rules, regulations, and other technical documents encountered in the course of work.
17. Accurately sort and file both alphabetically and numerically, and to establish and maintain filing and record keeping.
18. Accurately and discreetly respond to inquiries and relay information.
19. Define and resolve clerical problems.
20. Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
21. Establish and maintain effective relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
22. A minimum of three years progressively responsible experience in an administrative assistant role.
23. Or, any combination of education and experience that would provide the required qualifications.
24. Experience in an administrative department or educational institution.