This job has Expired
Program Services Coordinator (Grant Funded)
Full Job Description
Work type:Â Full-time
Work Schedule:Â Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 (Some nights and weekends)
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$3,583.33 mo. - $4,120.83 mo. (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Responsible for developing a comprehensive student services program by coordinating programs involving recruitment, enrollment, course planning, implementation of activities, seminars and other events presented for student and participants.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of career development, learning strategies and developmental education programs. Experience meeting and interviewing students to gather information to assess service needs. Knowledge of academic research, presentation and publication processes. Experience with program evaluation, online and web-based tools to support program and advising initiatives. Ability to keep up-to-date on educational trends and best practices through professional development activities. Knowledge of principles and methods of program development and interpretation. Ability to plan and implement special projects and coordinate a variety of departmental activities and services to better serve and extend existing services to specific student population served. Ability to identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions following district policies and procedures. Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with students and service providers for educational, career, and related program and service needs. Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse work environment. Experience in networking across departments and programs. Ability to create and provide periodic reports indicating services provided, students served, and student assessments. Ability to organize workflow, manage multiple projects and handle frequent interruptions and changes. In a fast-paced, constantly changing environment, demonstrated ability to assimilate information from diverse resources in order to make informed decisions. Ability to deal extensively and effectively with a individuals from diverse backgrounds requiring excellent interpersonal, listening, and communication skills in order to convince, influence, and direct students as it relates to their academic goals. Must have excellent customer service experience.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. Work may involve the moving or lifting of light to moderately heavy equipment or materials. Occasionally may be required to lift and carry materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
Bachelorâ€™s degree plus three (3) years of work-related experience. Official transcripts will be required. Must have current and valid driverâ€™s license for off-site travel. Ability to work extended hours beyond the regular 8:00 a.m. â€“ 5:00 p.m. workday including nights and weekends. *** Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the planning, coordination and implementation of programs for a specific student population utilizing a variety of resources provided by DCCCD, community organizations, and other colleges, universities and related organizations to support current and potential program participants.
- Designs, directs, schedules, trains and offers seminars/workshops regarding college access, college success, financial aid, financial literacy, career exploration and test preparation.
- Researches and compiles statistical, narrative, financial, and demographic data for regular and special reports to track program participation, recruitment effectiveness, student follow-up, retention and transfer rates, etc., related to an assigned student population caseload. Adheres to strict student confidentiality guidelines, district policies and procedures.
- Builds and maintain collaborative working relationships with diverse internal/external stakeholders and constituents within the DCCCD community network to promote student success programs, events, activities and initiatives.
- Serves as liaison between student program participants and various instructional and student services departments focused on increasing post-secondary success and completion.
- Participates in recruitment activities, registration, drop/add/withdrawal functions, and coordinates new student orientations and/or orientations as they relate to the departmentâ€™s purpose and services provided.
- Coordinates and provides program introduction meetings, workshops and/or seminars which include developing associated material to promote and inform as they relate to the specific student population served.
- Coordinates event logistics and evaluations.
- Makes presentations to small and large groups as a program and college representative utilizing excellent interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Monitors specific budget allocations, including grant budgets. Assists in the solicitation of grant funds to further extend services to the specific student population served.
- Provides outstanding customer services.
- Completes required DCCCD Professional Development training hours per academic year.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Advertised:Â 15 Nov 2022 Central Standard Time
Applications close:Â 1 Dec 2022 11:55 PM Central Standard Time
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*