Cowley County Community College
Arkansas City, Kansas
Cowley College, a community college in Arkansas City, Kansas with more than 4,500 students and 70 major, degree, and certificate programs is seeking a dynamic Vice President of Finance and Administration. The College was founded in 1922 and offers residential, off-campus, and online programs. Our students routinely rank nationally in student achievement, student completion and athletic programs. The Vice President of Finance and Administration, acting under the direction of the President, serves a key role in continuing the College success by leading the fiscal and administrative affairs.
The Vice President of Finance and Administration will serve as the Chief Financial Officer for the College. The successful candidate will provide strategic and operational leadership while ensuring the short and long-term fiscal health of the College, overseeing the business practices, and ensuring the budget is linked to and supports the College’s mission and strategic plans. Responsibilities will include: finance and accounting; budget planning, preparation, and control; purchasing and contracting; physical plant operations and facilities planning; security and safety; auxiliary College support operations; and transportation.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience with evidence of progressive responsibility, preferably in a community college business office setting.
- Experience with financial planning, budget development and control, and facilities planning, operations and construction.
- Experience in operational and strategic planning, policy development, and financial analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary theories and practices in Finance and Administration.
- Demonstrated commitment to team leadership and the ability to work effectively and collaboratively as a member of the leadership team.
- Known for commitment to personal integrity.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the community college philosophy.
- A successful track record of managing multiple tasks, working independently and in teams, and taking initiative.
- Demonstrated knowledge of architectural, construction, and building maintenance procedures, preferred.
Submit a complete application packet, including:
- A Letter of application.
- A current résumé summarizing educational and administrative background and experience.
- Official or unofficial college/university transcripts demonstrating attainment of minimum qualifications.
- Staff Application (found at www.cowley.edu/employment)
Submit application packet to:
125 South Second
Arkansas City, KS 67005
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with education and experience. Application Deadline: June 30, 2015