Donnelly College is non-profit, private, Catholic college. The Vice President of Business Affairs is responsible for all financial services and reporting for the College, Title IX Coordination, Clery/VAWA compliance, Student Financial Aid compliance, Federal and State Grant Financial compliance, and Human Resources/payroll. This includes supervision of all of these areas as well as providing direct services to students and employees as well as all aspects of human resources, payroll, accounting, and financial reporting. This requires forward thinking and a "do what it takes attitude" to ensure departmental resources are maximized throughout the entire year. Must be able to maintain confidentiality and be comfortable handling sensitive information. Must be able to pass a background check and complete Virtus training.
Lead the College's financial area through strong managerial and leadership skills (CFO role).
Assist and direct the President, other College Management, and the Board of Directors in all areas relating to financial decisions, operational functionality, human resources, student financial aid and Title IX/Clery/VAWA.
Supervise/coordinate monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliations related to various balance sheet and income statement accounts, including student accounts receivable, investment accounts, federal and institutional financial aid accounts, institutional advancement accounts, and various federal grant awards.
Supervise/coordinate monthly journal entries and month-end accruals.
Serve as Title IX Coordinator for the College and coordinate programming requirements under Title IX with Student Support Services to ensure federal compliance.
Prepare Annual Security Report as required by the requirements of Clery/VAWA.
Perform all cash management duties.
Perform all accounting relating to investments and endowments.
Coordinate integration of Financial Aid data into the Student Records System and the Financial Accounting System.
Ensure that Student Financial Aid system amounts are properly reflected in the Student Record System and the two systems are reconciled to each other and to the Financial Accounting System.
Perform all grant draws and financial reconciliations and reports related to funds including various federal and state grants.
Supervise/coordinate all Human Resources duties including working with legal counsel regarding employment matters.
Supervise/support the Payroll function.
Supervise/support the Facilities and Security department
Supervise/support the daily operations of the Business Office.
Supervise/support the Student Financial Aid department.
Provide assistance and support in the areas of student accounts including assisting students during peak times and working with students one on one with regarding payment options, including payment plans.
Provide financial analysis and reporting as needed. This may include budget to actual variances (run and review coding), capital investments, in-direct cost rate, and grant revenue compared to expenditures (according to federal guidelines).
Prepare and distribute monthly budget reports for division managers.
Prepare financial statements on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
Prepare annual budget and forecasts.
Prepare information for the quarterly Board Finance Committee and Board of Trustees meetings.
Coordinate and prepare numerous schedules and confirmations for the annual financial and student financial aid audits.
Lead the department in development and implementation of relevant accounting policies, procedures, guidelines, and applicable system upgrades.
Serve as a member of President's Cabinet and Administrative Council.
Serve on the Board Finance Committee.
Serve on various College and Community committees as assigned.
Directly supervise a staff of four.
Other duties as assigned.
· A Master's degree in Business/Accounting and 10 years' experience working in general accounting/reporting, CPA required, experience in higher education, government, or non-profit setting a plus.
· Minimum five years supervisory experience.
· Minimum five years recent hands on experience in Payroll and Human Resources.
· Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel and Word and financial accounting software - Microsoft Dynamics GP and Management Reporter a plus.
· Experience in utilizing integrated software systems, student information systems experience a plus.
· In-depth understanding of accounting principles, practices and procedures.
· Experience in coordinating, planning, and performing annual audits with outside CPA firm.
· Must be able to maintain extremely confidential and sensitive information relating to the College's finances and operations.
· Committed to diversity and serving a diverse population.
· Must be detailed-oriented.
· Must be a team player with excellent communication skills and have a commitment to customer service.
· Philosophically aligned with the mission and values of the College to engage and support our Catholic identity, practicing Roman Catholic preferred.