Posting Details (Default Section)
Posting Number: STA642
Position Number: 11927
Job Title: Vice President for Business and Finance
Position Type: Admin
Department: Business Affairs
• Oversee the annual preparation of the University’s operating budget and monitors revenue and expenditures for conformance with budget plans. Review exceptions and modify according to guidelines established by President’s Staff and the Business Affairs Committee.
• Monitor University compliance with appropriate accounting principles through the Associate Vice President of Business Affairs.
• Insure the University’s endowment assets are managed in accordance with the policies set forth by the Board of Trustees.
• In conjunction with legal counsel, negotiate auxiliary contracts on behalf of the University as well as administer the insurance/risk management program.
• Recommend policy to the President’s Staff to improve business matters of the University.
• Supervise the administration of the Sodexo Facilities and the Follett Book Store contracts.
• Direct the renovation and construction of campus buildings.
• Develop and maintain a facilities master plan through the Director of Plant Operations.
• Review and recommend to the President the acquisition of all centralized and specialized computing hardware systems dependent upon the University’s central computing system through the Associate Vice President/Chief Information Officer.
• Oversee the classification of staff, wage and salary plan, recruiting, benefit administration and employee relations of the University through the Director of Human Resources.
• Oversee the creation of an employee development plan that meets the business goals and objectives of the University through the Director of Professional Development.
• Serve as a member of the President’s Staff
• Monitor and evaluate performance and provide continuous feedback to all direct reports.
• Assist the President with long-range planning and meeting objectives of the University.
• Other duties as assigned by the President.
The Vice President for Business Affairs and Finance serves as the chief fiscal and budgeting officer of the University. Reporting directly to this Vice President are the offices of Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, University Technology Services, Legal Services, Professional Development, Physical Plant, and Campus Store.
10 years experience in Business and/or university administration.
Proficiency with spreadsheets, Excel and Colleague (Datatel).
5 years higher education experience preferred.
Master’s Degree in Business Administration required or CPA.
Location: University Campus
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please include a values statement (500 words or less) which highlights how your administrative philosophy and practices fit the Missions and Values of Saint Leo University.
The University Vision 2013, Mission Statement and Values are available on the Saint Leo website.
Please attach this statement as “Values Statement”.