Temporary/Short Term - Admissions and Records - POOL
|$13.33 - $14.70 Hourly |
|Under the general supervision of the Director of Admissions and Records, to utilize independent judgment and initiative in performing diversified functions in support of the overall admissions and records operations.|
Individual must be self-motivated, goal-oriented and understand the importance of record-keeping and working with time sensitive documents.
Examples of duties:
- Provide assistance to the operation of Enrollment Services, as appropriate.
- Assist with daily receipt of incoming College transcripts such as scanning, data entry and notations.
- Coordinate and distribute information to various offices and personnel and other related materials; perform data entry.
- Respond to questions from other employees, students, and faculty and refer as necessary.
- Operate a computer for data entry and use a variety of computer applications for word processing, record keeping and reporting, email correspondence, adn spreadsheet preparation.
- Operate a variety of modern office equipment including a computer, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, scanner, microfilm and optical imaging system.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Interpersonal skills using diplomacy, tact and patience.
- Record keeping techniques.
- A variety of computer applications for word processing, database management, email correspondence, and spreadsheet programs.
- Modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Follow direction.
- Make independent decisions based on training and preparation.
- Provide a high quality of customer service to students, faculty and staff.
- Type and perform data entry accurately at an acceptable rate of speed with attention to detail.
- Provide diversified functions in support of the overall admissions and records functions, including admissions, records and registration activities.
|CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:|
Part-time/temporary hourly positions offer flexible hours and the opportunity to assist a diverse group of adult students in achieving their educational goals. These part-time positions are on an as needed basis and are limited to 150 days.
This is a CONTINUOUS recruitment for an applicant POOL to fill part-time, temporary, hourly assignments on an as needed basis. We accept applications all year long. Departments or Divisions will refer to the POOL of applications on file, as needed, to fill temporary assignments. (Applicants will remain in the POOL for two years.)
- Regular attendance is considered an essential job function; the inability to meet attendance requirements may preclude the employee from retaining employment.
- The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Coast Community College District policies, procedures, and Title IX. (Reference: BP/AP 5910 )
- The Coast Community College District celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators, and faculty thrive. Individual’s interested in advancing the District’s strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
To be considered for employment you must submit a complete application packet. A complete application packet includes:
- Online Employment Application
- Current Resume
Candidates will also be responsible for all travel expenses if selected for an interview, the Coast Community College District does not reimburse for candidate travel expenses.
If you require accommodations in the Application or Examination Process, please notify Human Resources by calling (714) 438-4714.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A detailed list of physical demands and work environment is on file and will be provided upon request.
Coast Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Coast Community College District is committed to employing qualified administrators/managers, faculty, and staff members who are dedicated to student learning and success. The Board recognizes that diversity in the academic environment fosters awareness, promotes mutual understanding and respect, and provides suitable role models for all students. The Board is committed to hiring and staff development processes that support the goals of equal opportunity and diversity, and provide equal consideration for all qualified candidates. The District does not discriminate unlawfully in providing educational or employment opportunities to any person on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or genetic information.
Coast Colleges is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: |
1370 Adams Avenue
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
|Position #Temp A&R POOL|
TEMPORARY/SHORT TERM - ADMISSIONS AND RECORDS - POOL
| *Remember to mention academicjobs.net when applying for this job*|