PT Hourly POOL - Lab Instructional Assistant, Fine Arts
|Depends on Qualifications|
|Under general supervision of the Dean in consultation with Art Department faculty, the employee is to maintain studio facilities and coordinate activities in the art studios including, but not limited to: painting, printmaking, sculpture, ceramics areas; to assist instructors in the preparation of instructional materials and in studio laboratory demonstrations; to operate, maintain and demonstrate studio equipment; to manage lab materials and monitoring supplies; and to perform related work as required.|
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
a. Assist in studio set up, including mixing and dispensing chemicals, , setting up equipment, dispensing equipment.
b. Set up specialized instruments, equipment, and demonstrations.
c. Open and maintain safe facilities for student use
d. Issue equipment and supplies to students and monitor when returned.
e. Assist in ordering supplies.
f. Provide direction to student assistants.
g. Maintain records and documentation on equipment, instruments and supplies necessary for the studio.
h. Demonstrate and maintain consistent safety procedures in the studio.
i. Direct students in emergency procedures and observe/enforce studio rules.
j. Perform general clerical duties related to the maintenance and efficiency of the art studios.
k. Operate District vehicles including scissor lift.
l. Perform other related work as required.
- English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Basic familiarity with art studio equipment and supplies.
- Basic math.
- Simple record keeping.
- Appropriate safety precautions and procedures.
- Properly set up, operate and demonstrate the correct operation/handling of tools, materials and equipment used in the art studios.
- Operate and perform minor routine maintenance to studio equipment.
- Perform basic math.
- Create and maintain simple records using computer based tools.
- Supervise the work of student assistants.
- Operate a vehicle observing legal and defensive driving practices may be required.
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Demonstrate cultural competency, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Education and Experience:
- Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required qualifications.
- Two (2) years of college level course work in the assigned discipline.
|CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:|
|Employment is on a part-time, temporary basis and contingent upon verification of employment history, background verification as governed under Education Code requirements, eligibility to work in the United States, and approval by the CCCD Board of Trustees. Short term/temporary assignments do not offer fringe benefits or pay for holidays or time not worked and are limited to 28 hours per week.|
This is a short-term, CONTINUOUS recruitment for an applicant POOL to fill part-time, temporary, hourly assignments on an as-needed basis. We accept applications all year long. Departments or Divisions will refer to the POOL of applications on file, as needed, to fill temporary assignments. (Applicants will remain in the POOL for one year.)
- Regular attendance is considered an essential job function; the inability to meet attendance requirements may preclude the employee from retaining employment.
- The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Coast Community College District policies, procedures, and Title IX. (Reference: BP/AP 5910)
The Coast Community College District celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators, and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the District's strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
- Based on the HH and KK Salary Schedules
|APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: To be considered for employment you must submit a COMPLETE application packet. A complete application packet includes:|
1. A complete Coast Community College District Online Employment Application
2. A current resume (as a separate attachment - PDF recommended)
3. Responses to all Supplemental Questions (clear, detailed responses recommended for evaluation purposes)
Submission of all required application information and materials is the responsibility of the applicant.
Disability Accommodations: If you require accommodations in the Application or Examination Process, please notify Human Resources by calling (714) 438-4714 or (714) 438-4716.
- All online applications and required materials received will be screened to determine which applicant(s) meet(s) the minimum qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Please note: Possession of the minimum qualifications does not ensure an interview.
- Applicants who meet the required qualifications and who are also deemed to possess the highest degree of desirable qualifications will be invited to discuss their qualifications in an interview with the College/District. Therefore, it is highly recommended that applicants submit clear, detailed responses to all supplemental questions, if requested, in order to demonstrate his/her qualifications as related to the position.
- If any travel is required for an applicant to participate in-person during the interview process, this will be done so at the candidate's own expense.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A detailed list of physical demands and work environment is on file and will be provided upon request.
The Coast Community College District is a multi-college district that includes Coastline Community College, Golden West College, and Orange Coast College. The three colleges offer programs in transfer, general education, occupational/technical education, community services and student support services. Coastline, Golden West and Orange Coast Colleges enroll more than 60,000 students each year in more than 300 degree and certificate programs.
Since its founding in 1947, the Coast Community College District has enjoyed a reputation as one of the leading community college districts in the United States. Governed by a locally elected Board of Trustees, the Coast Community College District plays an important role in the community by responding to needs of a changing and increasingly diverse population.
Coast Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Coast Community College District is committed to employing qualified administrators/managers, faculty, and staff members who are dedicated to student learning and success. The Board recognizes that diversity in the academic environment fosters awareness, promotes mutual understanding and respect, and provides suitable role models for all students. The Board is committed to hiring and staff development processes that support the goals of equal opportunity and diversity, and provide equal consideration for all qualified candidates. The District does not discriminate unlawfully in providing educational or employment opportunities to any person on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or genetic information.
| *Remember to mention academicjobs.net when applying for this job*|