Job no: 492353
Davidson College seeks an experienced development professional to join its dynamic major gifts team. Candidates should possess a track record of successful relationship management and a demonstrated ability to close philanthropic commitments of $50,000 or more. Major Gifts Officers at Davidson manage a portfolio of approximately 150 prospective and current donors and are deployed throughout the United States. Responsibilities include developing philanthropic relationships with alumni, parents and friends of Davidson to expand major gift support through the college's comprehensive $725 million Game Changers Campaign.
- Develop and manage productive philanthropic relationships with donors capable of making commitments of $50,000 or more.
- Using the Blackbaud CRM system develop and maintain individualized prospect engagement and solicitation plans based on individual donor interests.
- Travel regularly to assigned regions including Boston/New England, Washington, DC, Baltimore, Chicago, and Upstate New York.
- Conduct a minimum of 144 personal visits annually with major gift prospects.
- Establish and meet measurable annual goals for major gift proposal activity.
- Efficiently manage travel logistics and expenses.
- Serve as a development liaison to a specific area of the college assigned by the director and serve as a subject matter expert for that area.
- Maintain a complete record of all donor interactions using the Blackbaud CRM system.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum three years experience in development or closely related field (e.g., sales or marketing)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Ability to manage projects and initiatives
Please provide a resume and cover letter with your application by January 23, 2017.
Davidson College is a highly selective liberal arts college for 1,950 students located 20 minutes north of Charlotte in Davidson, N.C. Since its establishment in 1837, the college has graduated 23 Rhodes Scholars and is consistently regarded as one of the top liberal arts colleges in the country. Davidson competes in 21 sports at the NCAA Division I level.