The Major Gifts Director (MGD) is a key member of the fundraising team. Drawing from a broad and deep pool of direct response donors, and picking up an existing portfolio of major gift donors, MGD will identify, cultivate and solicit high net worth individuals through ongoing personal contact, primarily in-person meetings. MGD will be responsible for generating revenue from cash and deferred gifts.
The MGD will oversee a seven member team with a growing budget and revenue goal. WWP is also contemplating launching a major capital campaign, for which the MG Team will bear primary responsibility.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare a strategic plan for the major gifts revenue channel
- Lead the major gifts team in its pursuit of rising revenue goals
- Manage the involvement of the EVP, Strategic Giving and the Chief Development Officer in major gifts fundraising
- Solicit major gifts, primarily from individuals
- Initiate contact with potential leadership and major gift donors
- Develop appropriate cultivation and moves management strategies
- Appropriately steward donors and donations using donor recognition program and CRM system
- Develop highly personalized donor communications including proposals, stewardship reports, and general program updates, etc.
- Utilize wealth screening information, other research, and networks of existing donors and connectors to identify prospective major donors
- Collaborate with other fundraising teams to identify new major gift opportunities
- Other related duties as assigned