Job no: 499835
Work type: Administrative & Professional
Location: Main Campus (Orlando)
Categories: Information Systems/Technology, Knight Vision
Knight Vision Finance Capital Projects, Business Assets, and Inventory Lead
The University of Central Florida community is embarking on a transformational Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) project, Knight Vision. Knight Vision will replace PeopleSoft with and many other duplicate applications with a modern platform, Workday, to support our administrative activities. But this is much more than a software project. Knight Vision will modernize our business processes – beginning with financial and HR activities – bringing them up to industry standards. As the name suggests, Knight Vision will illuminate a path to greater operational efficiency and effectiveness and will improve transparency, accountability, and data-driven decision-making.
Responsible for oversight of the workstreams and work products for the functional business area and providing guidance and direction to all others aligned to their functional business area.
Bachelor's or Master's degree and 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Thorough knowledge of the functional areas corresponding to each Finance functional lead role, including business processes, internal controls, internal and external reporting needs and the related systems and workflows.
- Extensive experience working in UCF PeopleSoft Financials, Workday or similar ERP systems and related applications.
- In-depth understanding of all UCF specific Financial functions; regulations and policies governing UCF’s Financial practices; and best practices with Financial functions
- Experience completing a complex project implementation, assigning tasks, and managing a team with multiple direct reports
- Proven ability to translate UCF’s complex business requirements into application definitions, workflows, business processes, and solutions.
- Experience coordinating with other functional leads; collaborating and communicating with our university community stakeholders to ensure cohesive project results
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel skills, including demonstrated competence with extracting, compiling, and analyzing large amounts of data
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills are necessary
- Experience with higher education or large, complex organizations; public accounting or governmental background
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance and experience in functional area or related field
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a pool posting. Up to (2) positions will be filled from this posting.
- Estimated time frame for completion of the project is two- three years. If the incumbent is a current UCF employee, the employee will be granted an interim appointment. The individual will retain the right to return to their current role at their current compensation (adjusted for increases) upon the conclusion of this ERP assignment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an E-Verify employer.
Advertised: January 08, 2021 Eastern Standard Time