Instructional Assistant - Music (Temporary)
|Job Posting Title|
|Instructional Assistant - Music (Temporary)|
|Los Rios Community College District (District Office)|
The Los Rios Community College District is a two-year public college district serving the greater Sacramento region. Our district includes American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake and Sacramento City colleges; major centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas and Rancho Cordova; and special services for business and industry.
Our colleges offer transfer education – students complete freshman and sophomore years and transfer to a four-year college or university – and AA/AS degrees and certificates in over 70 career fields. The District’s 2400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties. Approximately 75,000 plus students are enrolled in our four colleges and outreach centers.
The District office houses a number of district-wide services. These include the Chancellor’s office, Board Room, Legal Services, Business Services, Human Resources, Institutional Research, District Police Department, Resource Development and Information Technology. Other district-wide services which can be found at various locations around the community are the, Facilities Management Department and the Workforce and Economic Development Center. Each department strives for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities for our communities and staff.
Under general supervision of the assigned manager/supervisor, assists in the instruction of instrumental music; assists in managing supplies and equipment of bands and orchestras; performs related community service and instructional functions as needed; organizes and operates the music learning laboratory, working with faculty in the implementation of programs and services. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employee’s Association (White Collar) posting click on the “Job Description” link on the left side of your screen, then click on “Los Rios Classified Employee’s Association (White Collar) Job Descriptions”.]
• Tutors students individually or in small groups.
• Prepares teaching aids for lecture and laboratory courses.
• Checks out instruments, uniforms and lockers.
• Maintains inventories and accurate records of instruments, uniforms and equipment.
• Maintains files and student class records; assists in rehearsals and performing ensembles
• Maintain and repair department equipment.
• Assists faculty in giving tutorial instruction in the lab to music students, emphasizing computer software applications for piano and music theory.
• Coordinates the music department’s outreach efforts.
• Assists students using synthesizer work stations; and performs other related duties.
To be determined.
NOTE: This is a temporary position.
Temporary classified positions are limited to 110 work days per fiscal year, per board regulations.
|Total Hrs per Week/Day|
|To be determined.|
EXPERIENCE: One year of experience in educational or professional music practices involving orchestras or bands, including experience in general organization for library instrument maintenance, as well as computer software for music theory and composition. (One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement.)EDUCATION: Completion of an Associate’s Degree in Music or 60 semester units (90 quarter units) with 26 units in music courses. Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles. (Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 12 units are equal to six months of education; 24 units are equal to one year of education.)
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
2. *Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required).
3. Resume (recommended).
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation (recommended).
5. Letter of Interest (recommended).
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
- Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents. A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
- Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.
- It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to provide transcripts for the application process, if required by position. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
|$14.93 per hour|
|Additional Salary Information|
|No additional salary information to note|
Posting Detail Information
|Beginning and/or Ending Dates|
|How and where to apply|
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA 95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during our business hours. Submission of applications are by midnight of the posting closing date.
All Positions: Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process.
| *Remember to mention academicjobs.net when applying for this job*|