Information Technology Business/Technical Analyst I
|Job Posting Title:|
|Information Technology Business/Technical Analyst I |
|The Los Rios Community College District is a two-year public college district serving the greater Sacramento region. Our district includes American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake and Sacramento City colleges; major centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas and Rancho Cordova; and special services for business and industry.|
Our colleges offer transfer education - students complete freshman and sophomore years and transfer to a four-year college or university - and AA/AS degrees and certificates in over 70 career fields. The District's 2400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties. Approximately 80,000 students are enrolled in our colleges.
The District office houses a number of district-wide services. These include the Chancellor's office, Board Room, Legal Services, Business Services, Human Resources, Institutional Research, District Police Department, Resource Development and Information Technology. Other district-wide services which can be found at various locations around the community are the, Facilities Management Department and the Workforce and Economic Development Center. Each department strives for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities for our communities and staff.
|The Information Technology Business/Technical Analyst I is an experienced, senior-level technical or business specialist. Incumbent has primary responsibility for Business or Technical Analysis on multiple systems at the College-wide or District-wide level. The Information Technology Business/Technical Analyst I is primarily responsible for first line functional and/or technical support of designated business areas. The Information Technology Business/Technical Analyst I operates with routine oversight. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employee's Association (White Collar) posting click on the "Job Description" link on the left side of your screen, then click on "Los Rios Classified Employee's Association (White Collar) Job Descriptions".] |
|Additional Position Summary:|
|Act as primary support for IT related student records and for IT initiatives related to the Student Records and scheduling. Liaison with business users. |
|Operations (including security, performance, problem resolution, and budgets):|
● Business Analyst - Primary responsibility for business analysis at college wide or district level.
● Technical Analyst - Primary responsibility for analysis, development and maintenance of technical applications that support college wide or district wide level functions. This includes, but is not limited to, the ERM (enterprise resource management system - ERM).
● Ability to research, set-up and configure system functionality per existing, created or delivered documentation on any system that supports the District.
● Primary focus is to provide business analyst and/or technical analyst support for one or more similar systems or business areas (such as multiple modules in a functional domain and/or an interface that supports the primary focus).
● Secondary focus is to assist in research, configuration, setup and/or development of specific modules across functional domains and across multiple technical platforms.
● Business Analyst - May maintain multiple functional applications and/or multiple servers for one or more similar systems and/or related functional area.
● Technical Analyst - Performs installation and patching of software for development and production assigned systems.
● Technical Analyst - Analyzes and resolves technical issues.
● Works with vendor to resolve problems.
● Provides vendor with enhancement requests.
● Creates scripted procedures and/or programming to automate support functions.
● Monitors performance, availability, and capacity of assigned functional applications.
● Performs analysis, application and migration of patches to the assigned functional applications, both in development and production.
● Maintains relevant technical documentation for District Information Technology.
● Conducts internal and external research to gather data and objectives/guidelines for organization wide information systems.
● Conducts various types of analysis including alternative, business applications, cost benefit, data, feasibility, impact, technical and/or workflow processes.
● Advises on project and system feasibility.
● Monitors the service delivery of information systems and recommends needed changes or improvements.
● Conducts analysis using tools and techniques to address business application issues.
● Uses established industry methods and standards for conducting research, developing models and performing statistical analysis.
● Develops business models.
● Designs and develops application.
● Supports development and production application environments per vendor standards.
● Analyzes, detects and corrects technical problems and deficiencies.
● Supports production control and operational activities.
● Researches, identifies and documents business and system requirements.
● Designs, codes, tests and implements pages and programs; creates timelines and documentation as needed.
● Translates and simplifies requirements for technical design.
● Creates functional requirements in use cases; coordinates requirements walk-through and sign-offs, verifies with user representatives/stakeholders that use cases and process models accurately portray specific business needs.
● Provides/develops technical documentation for existing and delivered system applications across functional domains.
|Information Technology Business/Technical Analyst I - (continued):|
● Participates in projects and provides task definitions and time estimates within assigned role.
● Performs project planning and management for small and medium sized projects and software patch cycles.
● Manages on-going priorities, schedules, and task completions.
● Provides development for multiple projects.
Organizational Support and Leadership:
● Attends vendor training (off-site or web-based).
● Assists and provides coverage for other Information Technology staff in similar roles.
● Maintains knowledge and provides advice in the business areas supported.
● Evaluate potential software solutions, including off-the-shelf and open source components, and the system architecture to ensure that they meet business requirements.
● Leads functional business process re-engineering teams and continuous improvement efforts.
● Acts as liaison between Information Technology departments and customer business units.
● Researches vendor sites for technical information/updates, new product updates, and future trends.
● Participates in long-range Information Technology planning and related cost analysis within assigned area.
● Following established plans, implements system architectures, policies, and procedures, additions,
replacements, upgrades, or retirement of computer, network, database management or application systems.
● Performs related duties as required.
|EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A Bachelor's degree in computer sciences, management information systems, engineering or closely related field and two years' experience directly related to the job duties; OR, a Bachelor's degree and four years' experience directly related to the job duties.|
Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 12 units are equal to six months of education; 24 units are equal to one year of education.)
|1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).|
2. *Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required).
3. Resume (recommended).
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation (recommended).
5. Letter of Interest (recommended).
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
- Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents. A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
- Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.
- It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to provide transcripts for the application process, if required by position.
|Beginning and/or Ending Dates|
|How and where to apply:|
|Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA 95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during our business hours. Submission of applications are by midnight of the posting closing date. |
|All Positions: Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. |
|8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday |
|Job Posting Number:|
|$6,324.36 per month |
|Additional Salary Information:|
|No additional salary information to note |
|Classified (Support Staff) |
|DO (District Office)|
|Information Technology |
|40 hrs/wk |
|12 month |
|Share this Job:|
| *Remember to mention academicjobs.net when applying for this job*|