Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.
Finance Lab Director (S03916)
Job Description Summary
Finance Lab Director (Simulated Learning Experiences Director)
Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, has an immediate need for a Full Time Simulated Learning Experiences Director (Finance Lab Director). The Finance Lab falls within the Business, Accounting, Computer Applications, Hospitality Management and Paralegal Studies (BEACAHMPS) department. The normal work schedule is Monday-Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, with additional hours as needed. This is an exempt, non-bargaining grade 33 position.
The director of the finance lab will oversee the administration and direction of a multifaceted technology center. The director will take ownership of the lab and develop its outreach jointly with the vision of the Macklin Business Institute, the Business Administration Program and the College at large. This position will report to the BEACAHMPS dean.
The director will oversee the curriculum, training, and use of the lab and its simulation software. This person will also work with students in the MBI program, the BEACAHMPS program, and other traditional students and will be responsible for ensuring their credentialing. In addition, the director will partner with Workforce Development and Continuing Education to facilitate finance-related courses in the lab. The director will also interact with industry experts and alumni to ensure that the programming is adapted over time to provide students with the necessary skills in a dynamic work environment. The director will serve as both the internal and external ambassador of the lab promoting it to faculty, and to prospective students, families, and potential donors. The director will oversee the primary operations of the lab including usage tracking, ensuring operations of the lab hardware and software and student worker staffing.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with faculty to incorporate Lab resources into academic course curriculum to impart experiential learning.
- Develop support materials for the simulations, credentialing, and other activities related to the lab.
- Provide support to faculty and students using the lab.
- Develop, maintain and report metrics on lab usage and impact on MCs curriculum and community.
- Manage lab use schedule.
- Develop, promote and run summer finance camps for MCPS students and other segments.
- Create and manage a guest speaker calendar, market and manage events.
- Advise student trips to finance events.
- Manage credentialing for simulations (or other completed activities).
- Prepare and teach non-credit workshops aimed at promoting student proficiency with software applications, such as Bloomberg, Morningstar, etc.
- Attend conferences and training sessions to continually build knowledge and maintain best practices.
- Work with the office of Institutional Technology to manage the license agreements and contracts associated with the lab.
- Manage student workers including the hiring, scheduling, and payroll processes. Deploy the student workers to ensure that the lab is continually staffed, maintained, and meeting the needs of faculty and students.
- Build business/community partnerships related to finance-based initiatives.
- Manage website content to promote the lab and the activities therein.
- MBA or equivalent.
- 4 years of experience in the financial services industry or in a university finance lab.
- Deep knowledge of the inner workings of capital markets.
- Experience with Bloomberg, Morningstar or like finance platforms.
- Experience working with faculty to integrate enrichment opportunities into their courses.
- Demonstrated ability to grow a program’s use/enrollment and impact.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Experience working with donor-funded programs.
- Experience overseeing a program that works with multiple student, faculty and administrative constituencies.
- Experience teaching with computer simulations.
- Portfolio management experience.
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record may be required.
- Current or past certifications from any of the following: CFA; CFP; CPWA; ChSNC; AEP; AFC; CFS; CEP; CPFC; CFC; CEP; CRPC; or FINRA.
- Two plus years teaching experience (graduate level teaching assistant (TA) experience will be considered).
Additional Job Description
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
- Participation in a retirement plan
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Friday, March 20, 2020
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com.
Two (2) weeks’ notice required to provide accommodations.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.