The Executive Director is responsible for the development and implementation of the marketing and communications strategies consistent with the University's mission statement and strategic plan. This includes the areas of public relations, marketing, publications, and visual identity. Must place a high priority on goal achievement and display an ability to collaborate across departments and functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be
assigned by proper personnel.
- Lead University Marketing and Communication staff, along with strategic partners to develop and execute integrated marketing communications and brand management strategies.
- Oversees the planning and implementation of marketing & communications on behalf of university-wide priorities.
- Provides leadership for the development and direct implementation of the marketing & communications plans which include: marketing, internal and external communications, media relations and other public outreach activities.
- Collaborate with University leadership (e.g. President's Council, deans, academic and administrative units, athletics) to ensure adherence to communications best practices to support the University's strategic priorities.
- Provide communications counsel to the University's leadership for incident and crisis communications efforts in coordination with the Department of Campus Safety.
- Has supervisory responsibility via scheduled and spontaneous interaction, for all members of the
- marketing and communications team.
- Creates, manages and monitors departmental budgets.
- Assures the priority of an evangelical, Christ centered priority in all university communication programs and policies.
- Oversee the professional development and performance of the University Marketing and Communications team to meet the dynamic strategic and tactical communications needs of the University.
Reports to the Vice President for Enrollment & Marketing.
Supervises support staff positions. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to be successful in the role.
- Skilled in budgeting and planning, and ability to administer programs and direct people.
- Must be able to balance responsibility for a well organized operation with a sincere concern for effective customer service to employees, students, and the general public.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Individual will exhibit a life and service that is in full accord with the Spring Arbor University Concept and Community Covenant.
Experience working in multicultural academic environments preferred and individuals from diverse populations are encouraged to apply.